Is it possible to create antropomorphic animals?

So the character carrot Sulong from one piece (google her). In principle is it possible to build her? I know we don't have the technology now, but maybe 50 years in the future?

I do not think you can replace large portion of the dna and get a viable ogranism. But it is just my opinion. Another thing is that genetic modification of humans is already forbidden.

Attempting such nonsense is NOT ethical. And contrary to what you think, it IS dangerous. What do you do with your failures? Flush them down the toilet? Whirling Disease in the open Ocean and male fish with viable ovaries in rivers aren't enough for you? Even pervs need to grow up SOME day.

Why do you think will not be possible?
what people know wont hurt them /j
No one is going to create a hybrid just to satisfy some sick perv's selfish sex fantasies.
Even if it succeeds the first time without failed attempts, consider how such a hybrid would feel in a world dominated by humans, how would it (not) fit into society?
Think with your upper head, not your lower!

No one is going to create a hybrid just to satisfy some sick perv's selfish sex fantasies.
Even if it succeeds the first time without failed attempts, consider how such a hybrid would feel in a world dominated by humans, how would it (not) fit into society?
Think with your upper head, not your lower!
Thats why you make as many as you can not just one.

what'ya mean unethical...look, Fred Trump created one....sneaky like a fox, boasts like a peacock, talks like a parrot, steals like a crow, walks like an ape, fu**s like a rabbit, eats like a dog---only with ketchup added and hey orange like an orangutan....perfect creature he'd say

No. I hope a nuclear bomb destroy the earth before man create these abominations.
But I believe this will never be allowed. Science has principles, create something unnatural is not ethical.

Messing with DNA at birth has ethical problems, but cosmetic modifications will likely get more advanced for consenting adults who want to get more animal features. Scientists are looking into changing DNA in adults using CRISPR for curing genetic diseases. With more fine tuned control maybe it is possible to get new animal parts to form with localized DNA changes or implantation of DNA changed cells.

With more fine tuned control maybe it is possible to get new animal parts to form with localized DNA changes or implantation of DNA changed cells.
No, absolutely not. Genetics don't work that way. There is no "tail gene" that could simply be inserted to grow a tail. It takes dozens, sometime hundreds of genes, working in tandem to produce physical traits, and those genes don't do just that one thing. They interact with a hundred other combination of genes to do other things in the body. Tamper with a bone gene to grow extra vertebrae and next thing you know your brain stops producing adrenaline, or you get an ear growing out of your ass. Those same structural genes could also play a roll in personality, tamper with them and you come away a different person.

For example: in canines the genes that affect aggression also play a roll in cartilage growth. When dogs are selectively breed to reduce aggression they also develop floppy ears where previously they had pointed ears.

"... with localized DNA changes or implantation of DNA changed cells."

Whole body DNA changes using CRISPR is not a good path for getting dog ears as you mentioned. Using a DNA modification technique on cells in a petri dish and implanting them in the scalp might work in the foreseeable future (not necessarily in our lifetimes though). The ceiling of what's possible is not visible right now because of how little we understand what our genes do in our body.

"... with localized DNA changes or implantation of DNA changed cells."

Whole body DNA changes using CRISPR is not a good path for getting dog ears as you mentioned. Using a DNA modification technique on cells in a petri dish and implanting them in the scalp might work in the foreseeable future (not necessarily in our lifetimes though). The ceiling of what's possible is not visible right now because of how little we understand what our genes do in our body.
Except that DNA would be identified by your immune system as an invading body and it would be rejected just like an organ transplant from another person.

Edit:
It would also likely spread like a cancer. Parts of your body aren't isolated from the rest, it's a continuous whole, the same blood that circulates in you feet makes its way to your head - carrying dead/defective cells right along with it.

Last edited:
Currently yes. Do you think those are insurmountable problems? There are many teams working on solutions who must believe in the feasibility of solving them.

Thats why you make as many as you can not just one.
Ah, you know what would happen if a second intelligent species appeared on the planet?
It's already happened once - neanderthals and cromagnons. And guess what happened to the neanderthals!
Do you really want to fuckup everything for just a selfish reasons?

No, never, not gonna happen.

There's no ethics board on the planet that would ever approve anything like this.

Ah, you know what would happen if a second intelligent species appeared on the planet?
It's already happened once - neanderthals and cromagnons. And guess what happened to the neanderthals!
A second inteligent sistem will appear on the planet in the near future. Artificial General Intelligence. And don't worry we won't go extinct, nor they will go extinct.

ohh dear, there exists already at least two different intelligent species..Russian and Americans

ohh dear, there exists already at least two different intelligent species..Russian and Americans
Wrong. The vast majority of them are dumb assholes. Trust me, Im russian myself.

And scientifically both they belong to the same Homo sapiens sapiens.
A second inteligent sistem will appear on the planet in the near future. Artificial General Intelligence. And don't worry we won't go extinct, nor they will go extinct.
I know we're not goin to be killed by AI, relax. At least the robots can follow the ethical code implanted in their programming.

Wrong. The vast majority of them are dumb assholes. Trust me, Im russian myself.

And scientifically both they belong to the same Homo sapiens sapiens.

I know we're not goin to be killed by AI, relax. At least the robots can follow the ethical code implanted in their programming.
"And scientifically both they belong to the same Homo sapiens sapiens." yup how unfortunate this classification is, like saying all dogs are dogs be it tiny tiny pocket ones or massive giants, all are dogs...kkkkk

Back