how are people coping with the pandemic

lol, sounds like quite the town you live in. might a suggest a much better tasting beer? corona is not only awful in virus form but also beer lmao. Modelo is honestly a much wiser choice :D

Last time I was in a liquor store I thought about it, I don't even like beer.

Had my work hours cut down to 32 hours a week...strong possibility I will get furloughed or laid off as this goes on. But in a way I am welcoming it just as long as my health insurance doesn't get cut. Plenty of motorized and non-motorized toys and solitary outdoor activities to keep me occupied, plus I would get to spend more quality time with my marefriend :). Also it would give me the perfect opportunity to acquire a dog and have the time to bond with and train her. Been wanting to get a dog for a long time now, just with a hectic work schedule it hasn't been practical.

I don't take this lightly, I think the threat is real and in a general sense is not being exaggerated; however I am trying to to keep a proper perspective (that means periodically turning off the news especially when there is no new info being offered to get away from all the "doom and gloom"), and doing things that help me stay positive. I'm fortunate to live out in the country and have ample opportunity for outdoor activities.

I'm fortunate to live out in the country and have ample opportunity for outdoor activities.
this is a very fortune...
i'm in city, my mare in country.... city is loked....
I finished polishing all my work tools, they are new again !!

here in italy we are closed in the house, I even worse, since I have at home some parendi that cannot take diseases for health problems so I am literally isolated in a room, I can't even go to find my mare (which I don't already see for a month and a half) because my region is blocked.
I asked for authorization to bring her food (she has problems and eats particular things that are not found in the area) but they have not been replying to me for two weeks, now I have asked a veterinarian friend and a lawyer for an authorization to bring food that I have in storage at home, at least to see it once and leave the food for another month, I can't even send it because the couriers are in the area they are full for almost a month to come and the food that I left there doesn't last so long 'last time.

That sounds terrible. I hope you were able to check on your Mare. Please keep us updated.

As of over a week ago I was laid off until this stuff blows over. So I've had a lot of time at home to reflect on life (and jerk off) haha. Single life is good sometimes. But I do worry about the USA. I feel like after this is over we will lose more rights.. somehow. They will find a way. I haven't left more than a few steps out my front door in over a week now. And I've only interacted with one person.

That's a tough situation man...hopefully your mare is getting good care in your absence, and you are able to maintain long-distance contact with her caretakers.
it's not the same thing to see a photo every now and then to be able to stay close to it ...
I managed to have all the documents to go and find it now I just have to wait for the day allowed ... it seems that here I don't care about animals ...

thanks for the thought

I'm sorry for your situation, we're all going through hard times.

I lost my job last week due to covid 19 just when I was about to get my employer provided medical insurance coverage...a particularly bad time not to have medical insurance...:eek:

I hope you and your mare stay healthy and safe, and are re-united soon.

I hope you and your mare stay healthy and safe, and are re-united soon.
surely the girl is doing better than me, in the end she continues her life without me bothering to brush, pamper or take pictures of her

I'm sorry for the job, I'm practically in the same situation if you don't recover, luckily I'm not in a small company, so for a while it still holds up ...

the quarantine thing is saddening, luckily where i am, we dont have many cases. I have to wear a mask and goggles out in public, which is.. interesting, to say the least. But, for the most part, things are returning to normal

being a software dev is pretty nice being able to work from home without much difference, got laid off from one company and picked up another job pretty quickly with barely any down time.

Back