Have you adopted mannerisms from your animal partners, and applied them to relationships among humans?

Barb Dwyer

Tourist
I enjoy relationships with canines. I bark. I sniff and snort. I scratch at things. People think I'm fucking crazy.

Well, "Dogs are for comic relief" as someone told me.

Being in a herd of horses is different. They seek peace and quiet. I learned to respect that.

So, when I act like a horse, I look like I'm doing nothing. I stand and observe. No chatter.

I think that zoo-philia means you as the human will engage with animal partners, and meet them midway. They learn, and you learn.

I pee in the yard, too, because water is expensive here.

But I don't groan while I do it, as a mare would. Now, that's sexy.

I want to be as strong as a horse. That ain't gonna happen, though.

I've worked many years in groundskeeping and landscaping. In that work, you are like a horse. You cover a territory in absolutely any kind of weather. Rain, snow, summer heat, you are out there.

So it is when you join a herd.

I learned, when I act more like a beast, I act less like a robot, and I therefore act more like a human. The details I worked out later.

When you adopt influences from animals, then you become detached from an exclusively human point of view.

You can still observe it and participate in it, but it isn't the only thing you know.

I find that I like horses for the traits they have that I already share, so a lot of how they behave feels rather natural for me. In terms of bringing that behavior to interactions with humans, yeah, not at all. Beyond just wanting peace and quiet, I don't touch my friends at all or really hang around them unless I actually have something to say or a conversation to have, unlike horses who like to just be near each other when grazing or relaxing.

I enjoy relationships with canines. I bark. I sniff and snort. I scratch at things. People think I'm fucking crazy.

Well, "Dogs are for comic relief" as someone told me.

Being in a herd of horses is different. They seek peace and quiet. I learned to respect that.

So, when I act like a horse, I look like I'm doing nothing. I stand and observe. No chatter.

I think that zoo-philia means you as the human will engage with animal partners, and meet them midway. They learn, and you learn.
In answer to your question, and I know you mean sexual and non-sexual relationships, no. Since getting my horse, I only have interactions with humans a few times per week. I was very active, sexually and socially before that. I'm about bring a woman back into my life, however. Some things, a horse just can't do...things I used to LOVE...things I miss.

Another thing about being experienced in herds is, you learn "situational awareness" meaning you always know what's happening around you. You keep track of any animal or human around you.

Among humans, I can keep track of events by sound. I do not appear to be paying attention because I don't turn my face to watch. It is one of my equine traits to appear to be looking at nothing but I know well what is happening.

Deadpan. I look like a dumb beast. It fools people into thinking that I am not aware.

Another thing about being experienced in herds is, you learn "situational awareness" meaning you always know what's happening around you. You keep track of any animal or human around you.

Among humans, I can keep track of events by sound. I do not appear to be paying attention because I don't turn my face to watch. It is one of my equine traits to appear to be looking at nothing but I know well what is happening.

Deadpan. I look like a dumb beast. It fools people into thinking that I am not aware.
Very good way of conducting yourself, and very survival-minded.

Back