• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Generational Images

I prefer a woman with feminine forms, not those Androgynes.
So it will be her in the back row, second from right.

Last edited:
Well shit, I had no desire to watch that show ever again until you said you couldn't find it..............now I want to.........you did this to me dartel.
There was a Family Matters episode where Carl was so pissed at Steve he took Steve on American Gladiators with the stipulation that if Carl won Steve would never come to the house again.

Every time I see that episode it makes me try to see if I can find some American Gladiators to watch.

There was a Family Matters episode where Carl was so pissed at Steve he took Steve on American Gladiators with the stipulation that if Carl won Steve would never come to the house again.

Every time I see that episode it makes me try to see if I can find some American Gladiators to watch.
OMG I vaguely remember that! I thought for a while that my vision of Urkel in Gladiator garb was a fever dream lol

View attachment 335559
Seems like these are still around.... Over priced to.
One my parents had, you better hang on to it, or it zips across the room.
I have a zip drive and like 4 zip disks floating around *somewhere* in my house, although I don't know exactly where. But if I had to take a guess it's probably at the bottom of my 30 gallon tote full of old computer parts. IIRC it connects via an RS232 port. The post-00s kids will probably think that I'm talking nonsensical gibberish. ?

I have never been able to find a torrent of any episodes of that show.
Well shit, I had no desire to watch that show ever again until you said you couldn't find it..............now I want to.........you did this to me dartel.
Oh my god, I was just able to find torrents for all 7 seasons! We'll see if they've got enough seeds to actually be able to download them.

Oh, winamp. Batch files. DLL hell and discmans. Pogs. CDRWs and ZIP disks. Yeah, you guys have hit me in the nostalgia feels with this one. Relics from the days of old, a toast to memory lane. When your first car(s) had 3 pedals and 5 on the floor, the web was still pure html, we still dual-booted linux and windows or needed a wine emulator, burned CDs if we wanted to take MP3 collections with us, and still had to sneak away into the woods and light a fire if we wanted to get drunk with friends without being caught. Bill Watterson was still drawing C&H. Polaroid still made cameras. Alarm clocks were a thing. Diners still had smoking sections and the scent of food & tobacco mingled. Peripherals were white, not black. Hawk still ran zoophile.org. VCL, not e621. CRTs not LCDs. And we had to know how to do things without pulling out a phone and youtubing it. Oh, and phones were for voice calls. There were still payphones live in service, with dialtone. Ha! Shit, you could feel (taste?) that -48vdc ringtone shock you if you were working on a live pair when someone called. I feel like a dinosaur every day now. Displaced. A man out of his time. But its good to see I'm not the only one here who remembers this stuff.

847uca6lgcl11.jpeg

Corolla9802install-01.jpeg

DS9.jpeg

HP_cdrw.jpeg

tequiza.jpeg

I've long forgotten what model of Dell it was, but this is about what my first computer looked like. I think I even installed both a CD drive and a separate DVD drive at one point.

View attachment 334355
That still looks like a masterpiece to me look at the floppy disk as well as two other CD injectors. My god if only I was born in that time. (Besides the fact I would rather be born in the medieval times )

That still looks like a masterpiece to me look at the floppy disk as well as two other CD injectors.
Nah, it was really awkward to move it around and was hard to work on and take apart. While it gives me some nostalgia, it was definitely not a masterpiece. With the disc drives, iirc 1 was a CD reader (maybe burner as well) while the other drive only read DVDs, it was mainly due to hardware limitations. My gaming rig has an all-in-one drive that does CD/DVD reading/burning and plays Blue rays. Back in the old days, such a thing didn't exist.

Although the absolute worst PC that I've ever had the misfortune of taking apart and upgrading/working on/fixing was a Dell Dimension 8250. When you opened the case it unfolded like a damn book, which means that every single piece of hardware inside of it was a pain in the ASS to get to and many of the parts were preparatory to fit its rediculous design. Despite being a large form factor, the way it was designed made it impossible to fit a Soundblaster card into it (anyone remember those?) couple that with weighing as much as a small boulder due to all the metal inside made the thing irredeemable.

1669785718968.png

I guess the only upside would be that it was so solidly built that you could chuck it off of an overpass, total a car, cause a 5 car pileup, and it'd probably still turn on and run. Lol

Nah, it was really awkward to move it around and was hard to work on and take apart. While it gives me some nostalgia, it was definitely not a masterpiece. With the disc drives, iirc 1 was a CD reader (maybe burner as well) while the other drive only read DVDs, it was mainly due to hardware limitations. My gaming rig has an all-in-one drive that does CD/DVD reading/burning and plays Blue rays. Back in the old days, such a thing didn't exist.

Although the absolute worst PC that I've ever had the misfortune of taking apart and upgrading/working on/fixing was a Dell Dimension 8250. When you opened the case it unfolded like a damn book, which means that every single piece of hardware inside of it was a pain in the ASS to get to and many of the parts were preparatory to fit its rediculous design. Despite being a large form factor, the way it was designed made it impossible to fit a Soundblaster card into (anyone remember those?) couple that with weighing as much as a small boulder due to all the metal inside made the thing irredeemable.

View attachment 335588

I guess the only upside would be that it was so solidly built that you could chuck it off of an overpass, total a car, cause a 5 car pileup, and it'd probably still turn on and run. Lol
It's the utility of it I like. But you are correct about the weight though

Legends-of-the-Hidden-Temple-1.jpg

My second vehicle, which was a small pickup truck, was a 5 speed manual. But the real old bastards drove a 3 petal 3 on the tree. Lol

Hey now, I had a couple of vehicles with 3 on the tree. One of my favorite experiences was taking one with 4wd to a shop and when I asked the fellow if he'd driven one he cut me off with, "Yeah, I now how to drive a stick", hopped in, grabbed the Hi-Low lever for the transfer case and started trying to shift with it. After a few seconds he paused and said, "How do you get it in gear? It's stuck."

I'm still a hold out and haven't given up my manual yet.

I'm still a hold out and haven't given up my manual yet.
I desperately tried to find a manual truck with a 5 speed. I was in the market for an S10, Ranger, T100, Frontier, any small truck circa 90s - early 00s really. Unfortunately the market ain't what it used to be since "cash for clunkers" wiped out so many older vehicles.

I'll have to put up with driving an automatic SUV like a soccer mom (or, someone that has dogs to haul of course. ?)

I desperately tried to find a manual truck with a 5 speed. I was in the market for an S10, Ranger, T100, Frontier, any small truck circa 90s - early 00s really. Unfortunately the market ain't what it used to be since "cash for clunkers" wiped out so many older vehicles.

I'll have to put up with driving an automatic SUV like a soccer mom (or, someone that has dogs to haul of course. ?)

I travelled with a Saint Bernard in a 2 door Geo Metro. Surprisingly roomy for the equivalent of a couple of tin cans and wheels. 1.0 liters of RAW POWER! I can't beat it up too much, it had enough oomph to earn tickets and was a reliable car.

Edit: 2 danes in Saturn SL1.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back