• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Generational Images

BUT, on the topic of random one off products from big brand names, did you ever have the Hi-C Ectos? They were made to promote Ghostbusters and the Hi-C was a weird green color

Had exactly one of those... Tasted like the most foul perversion of a cross between Squirt (a grapefruit flavored soda that I actually kinda liked back in the day) and Sprite you can imagine, with a lingering aftertaste that strongly reminded me of moldy bread.

But that wasn't the end of the "fun"... The next day, I crapped purple. I think it must have been the coloring they used in it reacting to gut-chemistry.

(These days, I if I drink 3-4 grape sodas or a bunch of grape kool-aid, I can expect to crap fluorescent green the next day. Whenever it happens, I can't help but think of the "Razzberry Zingers" fiasco that's central to the novel version of "Cujo".)

Had exactly one of those... Tasted like the most foul perversion of a cross between Squirt (a grapefruit flavored soda that I actually kinda liked back in the day) and Sprite you can imagine, with a lingering aftertaste that strongly reminded me of moldy bread.

But that wasn't the end of the "fun"... The next day, I crapped purple. I think it must have been the coloring they used in it reacting to gut-chemistry.

(These days, I if I drink 3-4 grape sodas or a bunch of grape kool-aid, I can expect to crap fluorescent green the next day. Whenever it happens, I can't help but think of the "Razzberry Zingers" fiasco that's central to the novel version of "Cujo".)
whoa, there's a lot to unpack here
first of all, how dare you mansplain Squirt to me sir
LOL Now if you had been talking about Double Cola or Ski Soda, maybe I'd understand, but doesn't everyone know about Squirt?
I was always a Squirt over Sprite guy. But I can't find it anywhere around here now

Next, PURPLE?
Bud I don't know what kind of processed stuff you used to eat back in the day but turning green food coloring into purple is not normal unless your name is Barney or Grimace lol

Still, I once had a poo come out that I swear had teeth in it (I was like 7 years old and there were two distinct fang like features emerging from my stool and that's all I remember)

Last but not least, that was an amazing Cujo reference and now I want to watch that movie again

whoa, there's a lot to unpack here
first of all, how dare you mansplain Squirt to me sir
LOL Now if you had been talking about Double Cola or Ski Soda, maybe I'd understand, but doesn't everyone know about Squirt?
I was always a Squirt over Sprite guy. But I can't find it anywhere around here now

Squirt seems to have gone extinct, so far as I can tell (though to be honest, I haven't exactly been searching for it), and it seemed to be pretty localized when it still existed - Michigan/Ohio/Illinois/Indiana, plus the eastern part of Wisconsin, and western end of Pennsylvania seemed to be its "turf". I can't remember seeing a bottle (or can) of it since I knocked the dust of Michigan off my boots. Figured it was a "regional" thing that would need explaining. Kinda like Moxie - Until recently (at least as far as I know) that stuff was nearly impossible to find outside of the Maine/Vermont/New Hampshire/northern New York area. (and they're welcome to keep it... How anybody can drink that stuff is *WAY* beyond my comprehension!

Next, PURPLE?
Bud I don't know what kind of processed stuff you used to eat back in the day but turning green food coloring into purple is not normal unless your name is Barney or Grimace lol

Well, I ain't a purple dinosaur, so that's out. And Grimace is queer for the Fry-guys, so that lets me out on that charge. You explain it. I can't, and don't care to explore it beyond noticing that it happened! (Though in honesty, we're not talking "royal purple" - it was a rather "muddy" shade that could have been called "nearly brown" without stretching the imagination much)

Still, I once had a poo come out that I swear had teeth in it (I was like 7 years old and there were two distinct fang like features emerging from my stool and that's all I remember)

Gives a whole new meaning to "getting your ass chewed" <snerk>

Last but not least, that was an amazing Cujo reference and now I want to watch that movie again
Did they include the Razzberry Zingers/Sharps Cereal substory in the movie? It's been so long since I've seen it that I can't remember. No question it's part of the book, but can't recall if it made it into the movie.

Squirt seems to have gone extinct, so far as I can tell (though to be honest, I haven't exactly been searching for it), and it seemed to be pretty localized when it still existed - Michigan/Ohio/Illinois/Indiana, plus the eastern part of Wisconsin, and western end of Pennsylvania seemed to be its "turf". I can't remember seeing a bottle (or can) of it since I knocked the dust of Michigan off my boots. Figured it was a "regional" thing that would need explaining. Kinda like Moxie - Until recently (at least as far as I know) that stuff was nearly impossible to find outside of the Maine/Vermont/New Hampshire/northern New York area. (and they're welcome to keep it... How anybody can drink that stuff is *WAY* beyond my comprehension!
I honestly never considered it would be a regional thing, but that makes sense because we have Big Red Soda here and when I've ventured a few states away people look at me like I am confusing a soda with chewing gum (Big Red gum HAS to be nationwide right?)

Well, I ain't a purple dinosaur, so that's out. And Grimace is queer for the Fry-guys, so that lets me out on that charge. You explain it. I can't, and don't care to explore it beyond noticing that it happened! (Though in honesty, we're not talking "royal purple" - it was a rather "muddy" shade that could have been called "nearly brown" without stretching the imagination much)
Well I'm not a doctor but I do know a bit about butt waste. And I hate to be the one to tell you but I'm afraid you have a severe case of SIDS. You should prepare for the worst.
lol

Gives a whole new meaning to "getting your ass chewed" <snerk>
I hate the fact I laughed SUPER loud when I read that lol

Did they include the Razzberry Zingers/Sharps Cereal substory in the movie? It's been so long since I've seen it that I can't remember. No question it's part of the book, but can't recall if it made it into the movie.
Nah, it was just the book but I can always pretend

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome?
HAHA, yessir

I used to tell my kid that before she understood things lol

*checks temperature* "OMG hon, don't freak out, but I think you have a really bad case of SIDS"
"NOOOOOOO, does that mean I don't havta go to school?"

yea, imagine THAT phone call to the school "Sorry my kid won't make it in today....yea, she's got SIDS something awful"

HAHA, yessir

I used to tell my kid that before she understood things lol

*checks temperature* "OMG hon, don't freak out, but I think you have a really bad case of SIDS"
"NOOOOOOO, does that mean I don't havta go to school?"

yea, imagine THAT phone call to the school "Sorry my kid won't make it in today....yea, she's got SIDS something awful"
Well, I guess it's better than my second guess, which was even MORE out of context...

Sexually Initiated Damp Spot

Well, I guess it's better than my second guess, which was even MORE out of context...

Sexually Initiated Damp Spot
OMFG, that's epic

I'm calling the head of science first thing tomorrow morning to see if we can get SIDS officially changed to that lol

Big Red Soda here and when I've ventured a few states away people look at me like I am confusing a soda with chewing gum

I've *HEARD OF*, but never actually personally seen, Big Red soda. Isn't it supposed to be real similar to Faygo's "Redpop"? (more or less a standard creme soda, with strawberry flavor added, and colored "vampire-bait red")
Seems I recall hearing/reading that the stuff originated in the Oklahoma panhandle region?

(Big Red gum HAS to be nationwide right?)
So far as I know, yes. If I'm not mis-remembering, they came out with it nationwide about 1976 or 1977 - First commercial I remember seeing for it was during a re-run of a Land of the Lost episode one Saturday morning. Ran right out and got some the next day, and thought it quite possibly the most foul stuff I'd put in my mouth since the time an OLD (in both the "long time acquaintance", and "only a week or two younger than dirt" senses) friend of the family offered me a stick of Black Jack gum. Of course, if I'm gonna be honest, there isn't much that's considered "edible" that I find to have a more disgusting flavor/smell than anise/fennel. Just the smell of the stuff gives me the urge to puke. One of my nightmare scenarios is sitting down to watch a movie in a theater, and having someone toting a box of good-n-plentys sit down near me. The stench of those things, even from 2-3 rows away, can (and has) caused me to get up and leave.

Anytime I encounter someone eating those, or black licorice, I have to beat down the urge to ask 'em "Why not just grab a dog turd to snack on? It'll smell and taste better!"

Seems I recall hearing/reading that the stuff originated in the Oklahoma panhandle region?
Oh I have no idea where that magical elixir of the globs originated.

Isn't it supposed to be real similar to Faygo's "Redpop"? (more or less a standard creme soda, with strawberry flavor added, and colored "vampire-bait red")
Never had that type of Faygo but it does sound very similar to Big Red. However, Big Red also makes (or made because I can't find it anywhere) a little something called Big Blue which primarily was just the same shit in a different dress. But the dress was a pretty blue color so no complaints here lol

001251100-1 (1).jpg

Anytime I encounter someone eating those, or black licorice, I have to beat down the urge to ask 'em "Why not just grab a dog turd to snack on? It'll smell and taste better!"
Omg I am with you on black licorice AND the gum. I can barely tolerate red licorice honestly. But black licorice, or black jelly beans, ughhhh. If you haven't had it before, you would definitely hate Absinthe because to me it tastes like you're drinking the essence of black licorice.

And all this started because, apparently, you youngsters never heard of Fruit Leather....which was one more way of storing big harvests in the nonrefridgerated days. The commercial version of Fruit Leather was the Fruit Rollup, which of course, added extra sugar and other junk to what was basically an organic product, just to turn a dime.

There are easy recipes online, using seasonal fruits. The amount of sugar can be varied to taste.

Oh I have no idea where that magical elixir of the globs originated.

Never had that type of Faygo but it does sound very similar to Big Red. However, Big Red also makes (or made because I can't find it anywhere) a little something called Big Blue which primarily was just the same shit in a different dress. But the dress was a pretty blue color so no complaints here lol

View attachment 414599

Omg I am with you on black licorice AND the gum. I can barely tolerate red licorice honestly. But black licorice, or black jelly beans, ughhhh. If you haven't had it before, you would definitely hate Absinthe because to me it tastes like you're drinking the essence of black licorice.
Sounds like you guys don't know what's good for you anywayQsb4I-1524684872-11840-list_items-licorice_ysstick.jpg

Perhaps not, but I do know what AIN'T good for me, and that's anything that smells/tastes of anything more than the barest, most minuscule trace of Anise or Fennel. (Unless I'm TRYING to induce vomiting, in which case, yeah, it's definitely the bee's knees)
Say what you like, Licorice has followed humans since humans discovered it has medicinal uses, culinary uses, has value in trade, and probably value in keeping people with defective tastebuds from raiding my candy jar. Wonderful world, ain't it ?

Hot stuff in 1964....But typically Expensive Gilbert mfr. Instead we got a Lionel mfr Pikes Peak hillclimb relay set from Sears1964.we got a Pikes Peak relay race set instea .jpge037770022b125568f6ff0c2b3f393a4.jpg....there was a dead track area with a colored flag....the first car down bumped the second car of the team
( Mercedes 300 or Corvette) onto the live track to continue.
The team colors are switched in the photo....Mercedes was blue, Corvette was yellow.
In the Bond Set The Aston is chasing a 64 Mustang

Last edited:
I think they called the concept "Escalation" back in 65

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1688757944101.jpg
    FB_IMG_1688757944101.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 7
1689007932299.png
When the craze was growing virtual marijuana after school, and comparing screenshots of our plants on MSN.

ROTFLMAO! Guess I wasn't "cool enough" - I didn't screw around with growing "virtual" marijuana - I grew the real thing :)
Haha I was 13 when everyone started playing this...and why grow your own when you can just sly off your parent's plants :p

Back