General tips and guidelines for meet-up safety.

At the end of the day as hard as it is to do you have to take a leap of faith. It's such a hard thing to do, especially for people who have been taken advantage of before, considering how vulnerable a position you need to put yourself in, and not having any way out once you are stuck and knotted.

Any of us considering the digital footprints we might be leaving..?
I once mailed & chatted with a guy, and thought "how much could i find out about him".
Sure enough, after looking up the parts of his name, initials, ip-adress from his emails, etc., i found out where he lived, worked etc. in a mere few hours of searching... and i'm not even any kind of IT-expert..

I've bought a secondary cheap smartphone, just for these kind of contacts. Different name, number, clothes, etc.
Call me paranoid, but to my knowledge it's hard, to darn near impossible, to 'un-dox' someone...

us considering the digital footprints we might be leaving..?
I once mailed & chatted with a guy, and thought "how much could i find out about him".
Sure enough, after looking up the parts of his name, initials, ip-adress from his emails, etc., i found out where he lived, worked etc. in a mere few hours of searching... and i'm not even any kind of IT-expert..
Yeah, we all should know. Never use your own name. Don't show anything on pictures that can ID you. Use VPN to hide your IP. Use another phone for contacts.

noted, trust is important but being careful is equally as such. Haven't put myself in the position to use this yet but hopefully neither party is in a position to be cautious cause things are going well between us.
But it's just the way meeting online is sadly.

Having met a few people from similar forums, generally concur.

My additional points are:

Meet at public place and tell them no zoo talk. If they can't do that they're probably a bit of a worry.

Not sure about weapons. Maybe it is a cultural thing or maybe it is because I'm a bloke, but that seems like an escalation problem.

Do get to know someone but 6 or 12 months is a bit extreme. Nothing wrong per se with waiting a long time as it will ensure that you know more information, but I don't think it needs to be that long. Besides people can be very different online to in person so even after a year they can be drastically different to expectation. Don't rush, but if you stick to all the other sensible ideas put forward whenever you feel comfortable I think it's fine. But don't get pushed into it if you aren't comfortable.

Just my 2 cents. Worth not much more than that
How do I meet people I’ve always felt so weird for loving what I love now that I know there’s a whole community I’m anxious to get to know people and how I should handle my feelings

Speaking as someone who has hosted several public Meet and Greets, I can say I've had nothing but good experiences with meeting zoos. I start with restaurants, either as a group or 1:1, because sharing a meal helps engender a bond. I keep the gatherings small. We maintain anonymity throughout, using our forum names or a generic human alias if the username cannot be pronounced or repeated in conversation. Arrangements and RSVPs are kept to PMs, never leaked on the thread. I advise people to park in large retail lots to blend in and arrive on foot, bring cash not plastic, and we don't exchange phone numbers. In fact, I have a strict no phones policy -- we all turn our phones OFF in front of each other so we know its safe to talk shop about zoo without fear of recordings, photos being taken, etc.

+1 Saddlebum on duration of meetings. Undercover police are (likely but not necessarily) on a time constraint. They are also not likely to go that deep in on the prowl, ie. to undertake the effort of infiltrating our gatherings. Rather, any undercover LEO operation trying for a zoo bust will more likely take the easier route, path of least resistance, and simply pose as an owner themselves, using the promise of a willing dog as the lure. That's how sheriff Arpaio did his zoo stings back when CL still had a personals section. In this way, they've set the whole thing up themselves and have complete control on the backend. Its easy when they're the ones pulling the strings. To infiltrate us and our gatherings is the opposite: we orchestrated it, not them. They have very little control or knowledge and must spend time in a community like this, learning about us, mimicking us, having the right answers to our questions, gaining trust, and being willing to show up to the social functions in character over and over. That takes an incredible amount of investigation time, a lot more uncertainty, and a lot less control in their hands of the situation.

Genuine zoos with genuine interest, good intentions, and good character will be patient. After all, trust and the anxiety over that trust is a bidirectional, shared phenomenon: that other zoo across the table from you is nervous too, and will want to establish trust as much as you do. They will meet you as many times as it takes for both to feel comfortable. I have my own ways of testing a person further before trusting them enough to decloak and invite into your home and reciprocally be invited to theirs, but more than anything its a matter of putting in the time with people. Much like training a dog, repetition is key. Keep going to those meet & greets with a regular crowd, keep doing normal social things with them. The ones who stay on are the ones you want to know.

The talk about weapons can be advisable in a few countries. In most countries it is highly illegal to carry or even to possess a pistol/ revolver. A policeman would arrest you for that. In my country the maximum is a small folding knife.
Otherwise your thought about being careful is recommendable.

3) Before you meet-up with someone, tell a trusted friend exactly where you plan to meet up. If you do not have any close local zoophile friends you can confidentiality trust. Tell a close friend that you are going on a blind date and would like for them to send you a text message every 30 minutes to an hour just to make sure you are okay.

This one is probably my weak side

Oh yeah, probably necessary topic for ppl who are more naive and easily trusting.
Weirdos everywhere. Can you imagine, it is less than week since I came here, and few men already offered me to visit them and their dogs. Woww, guys, really? Did I look like an idiot?

Oh yeah, probably necessary topic for ppl who are more naive and easily trusting.
Weirdos everywhere. Can you imagine, it is less than week since I came here, and few men already offered me to visit them and their dogs. Woww, guys, really? Did I look like an idiot?
Consider visiting this thread once in a while:
:D

No you did not.
I guess those persons are the psychopath type, who treat both humans and animals as things to use when they like it. So they see an avatar showing a female and act like a male dog.
Sadly the only defences is to disguise your gender or block PM.

For two people wanting to meet, one option to alleviate some/most of the fear that they might not be really 'into' it and or LE (seems unlikely in most countries), would be to do something with one's pet on a camera, sufficiently disguised as to not give away one's identity (doesn't have to be a live chat). Just an option, if both parties are active and have their own pets AND privacy/time to make something like that happen. For me, I love in an apartment currently and don't have a pet, but I suspect many/most willing to meet up do?

I also don't think it's enough of a moral issue that even in place where it's technically illegal, it's not worth the effort for LE or anyone else to put the time and effort in to fake the kink/interest/sexxualtiy for long enough and convincingly enough to fool someone, for little to no payoff.

Speaking as someone who has hosted several public Meet and Greets, I can say I've had nothing but good experiences with meeting zoos. I start with restaurants, either as a group or 1:1, because sharing a meal helps engender a bond. I keep the gatherings small. We maintain anonymity throughout, using our forum names or a generic human alias if the username cannot be pronounced or repeated in conversation. Arrangements and RSVPs are kept to PMs, never leaked on the thread. I advise people to park in large retail lots to blend in and arrive on foot, bring cash not plastic, and we don't exchange phone numbers. In fact, I have a strict no phones policy -- we all turn our phones OFF in front of each other so we know its safe to talk shop about zoo without fear of recordings, photos being taken, etc.

+1 Saddlebum on duration of meetings. Undercover police are (likely but not necessarily) on a time constraint. They are also not likely to go that deep in on the prowl, ie. to undertake the effort of infiltrating our gatherings. Rather, any undercover LEO operation trying for a zoo bust will more likely take the easier route, path of least resistance, and simply pose as an owner themselves, using the promise of a willing dog as the lure. That's how sheriff Arpaio did his zoo stings back when CL still had a personals section. In this way, they've set the whole thing up themselves and have complete control on the backend. Its easy when they're the ones pulling the strings. To infiltrate us and our gatherings is the opposite: we orchestrated it, not them. They have very little control or knowledge and must spend time in a community like this, learning about us, mimicking us, having the right answers to our questions, gaining trust, and being willing to show up to the social functions in character over and over. That takes an incredible amount of investigation time, a lot more uncertainty, and a lot less control in their hands of the situation.

Genuine zoos with genuine interest, good intentions, and good character will be patient. After all, trust and the anxiety over that trust is a bidirectional, shared phenomenon: that other zoo across the table from you is nervous too, and will want to establish trust as much as you do. They will meet you as many times as it takes for both to feel comfortable. I have my own ways of testing a person further before trusting them enough to decloak and invite into your home and reciprocally be invited to theirs, but more than anything its a matter of putting in the time with people. Much like training a dog, repetition is key. Keep going to those meet & greets with a regular crowd, keep doing normal social things with them. The ones who stay on are the ones you want to know.

We all highly appreciate that input. Thank you

Sadly that's some stuff we usually are used to see/read/feel everyday. From people that only wants to seek out for "free content" to weirdos that are actually sickos that then want to dox someone. Sadly this "frame" of "meetus" are hard-ones for people that lack of a context to have a dog or to experience it, many can't afford or just can't keep a dog with them, not to talk about horses/pigs that are more rare

yes

As some of you are probably aware, I've decided to post some general guidelines for meet-up safety in the personals section. Does this cover every single aspect? It does not. But for the sake of length and general human attention span considerations, I've gone ahead and posted what I believe are some basic/generally good safety advice to follow if you are intending on meeting up with someone you've meet online. It's always best to keep yourself safe from those who wish to do us harm, such as anti-zoos and police officers. LET ME KNOW DOWN BELOW IF I'M MISSING ANYTHING. Below, is what I have posted...

------------

1) Never use your actual name when you are first meeting up with someone. I generally dissuade the use of just your first name as well, because in the wrong hands this can lead to being exposed or even worse. Use you Forum Username or a nickname instead. Such as “RedRocket69”, “CookieLover”, or “HorseLover4”

2) Get to know the person before you agree to any meet-ups. Looking at a person’s post history on the forum is not enough when regarding your safety. Personally, I would advise talking with the person for 1 year or more before any meet-ups were to happen. But I would highly not recommenced anything less than 6 months. Get to know this person through chatting with them. If they exhibit ANY “red flags” do not meet up with this person. If their offer sounds too good to be true, it usually is. If you catch inconsistencies or lies, consider that a big RED FLAG! *NOTE* It’s also best to chat in PM here, or IM on ZooVille’s beast.chat service. (Click Here for ZooVille's IM chat)

3) Before you meet-up with someone, tell a trusted friend exactly where you plan to meet up. If you do not have any close local zoophile friends you can confidentiality trust. Tell a close friend that you are going on a blind date and would like for them to send you a text message every 30 minutes to an hour just to make sure you are okay.

4) NO SEX at all, and DO NOT bring your animal love partners to a first time meet-up, even if sex with said animal partners isn’t even in the question. This is a good way to get your animals seized or yourself busted by an under cover police officer. If the person turns out to be a sadist, bringing your animal partners along may lead to their injury. Also, do not have sex in the first place. You don’t know if this person has a Sexually Transmitted Disease. DO NOT LET YOUR DICK OR VAGINA DO THE THINKING! You also do not want them to lure you to somewhere private. Which leads me to my next point…

5) Always meet in public for the first time. Do not agree to meet this person in a motel and especially at your private residential address. Meet up at Malls, Restaurants, Parks, or any other public spaces. In this case you want there to be witnesses to your very existence. You also do not want to put yourself in a situation where you cannot escape if needed. DO NOT TALK ABOUT ZOOPHILIA IN PUBLIC PLACES! I would even be careful using "code words" with the person you're meeting up with. Even in a public place, I would recommended carrying a weapon, at least a knife. (I would look up local laws in your area first.)

6) Do not let your licence plate on your motor vehicle be known. Generally, you should take a Taxi or Uber. But if you cannot manage that, or both services are not available in your area, try to bike or walk to your destination. If you cannot manage any of that, park your car a few blocks over where you intend to meet-up, get out, and walk. A license plate on a motor vehicle is a form of identification. A law enforcement officer would be able to run your plates in a computer and find out exactly who you are.

7) NO DRUGS AND NO ALCOHOL! You do not want to put yourself in a situation where you are mentally/physically impaired. You’ll want to make sure that you keep a sharp intact mind. Otherwise, mistakes can be made. Mistakes that could haunt you for the rest of your life. Not only that, but elicit drugs are illegal in most places. Taking illegal drugs in front of the person you plan to meet-up with, could end up being a cop’s wet dream, if they turn out to be a cop.

8) Trust your GUT FEELING. If you start getting second thoughts about meeting up, or you have a nagging feeling in the back of your head that this is probably not going to end well. Or that you feel you do not trust this person enough but you’ve agreed to a meet-up on impulse. Trust what your gut has to say. In these type of situations it’s best not to write off these concerns as “general anxiety.” Your gut often knows more than your conscience mind lets on.

**Remember to have fun but especially stay safe while doing so. I get that some of your are eager to meet people that share your unique zoophilic sexual orientation. But you want to do so as safely as possible and not let this eagerness be the downfall of your very life as you know it.**

Edit: A shout-out has to go to @Alpha Cat as he was the one that brought the need for these guidelines to my attention.
Solid advice can never be too careful

As a newbie I find it interesting how often meetups can happen. At a cursory glance it appears there's a small handful of people who actively pursue a social group irl around the lifestyle and most that either fantasize about it or don't know how (I would fall into the second group at this point).

I may be completely wrong (once again, a newbie), but how often to people that genuinely want to meet people successfully do so?

As some of you are probably aware, I've decided to post some general guidelines for meet-up safety in the personals section. Does this cover every single aspect? It does not. But for the sake of length and general human attention span considerations, I've gone ahead and posted what I believe are some basic/generally good safety advice to follow if you are intending on meeting up with someone you've meet online. It's always best to keep yourself safe from those who wish to do us harm, such as anti-zoos and police officers. LET ME KNOW DOWN BELOW IF I'M MISSING ANYTHING. Below, is what I have posted...

------------

1) Never use your actual name when you are first meeting up with someone. I generally dissuade the use of just your first name as well, because in the wrong hands this can lead to being exposed or even worse. Use you Forum Username or a nickname instead. Such as “RedRocket69”, “CookieLover”, or “HorseLover4”

2) Get to know the person before you agree to any meet-ups. Looking at a person’s post history on the forum is not enough when regarding your safety. Personally, I would advise talking with the person for 1 year or more before any meet-ups were to happen. But I would highly not recommenced anything less than 6 months. Get to know this person through chatting with them. If they exhibit ANY “red flags” do not meet up with this person. If their offer sounds too good to be true, it usually is. If you catch inconsistencies or lies, consider that a big RED FLAG! *NOTE* It’s also best to chat in PM here, or IM on ZooVille’s beast.chat service. (Click Here for ZooVille's IM chat)

4) NO SEX at all, and DO NOT bring your animal love partners to a first time meet-up, even if sex with said animal partners isn’t even in the question. This is a good way to get your animals seized or yourself busted by an under cover police officer. If the person turns out to be a sadist, bringing your animal partners along may lead to their injury. Also, do not have sex in the first place. You don’t know if this person has a Sexually Transmitted Disease. DO NOT LET YOUR DICK OR VAGINA DO THE THINKING! You also do not want them to lure you to somewhere private. Which leads me to my next point…

5) Always meet in public for the first time. Do not agree to meet this person in a motel and especially at your private residential address. Meet up at Malls, Restaurants, Parks, or any other public spaces. In this case you want there to be witnesses to your very existence. You also do not want to put yourself in a situation where you cannot escape if needed. DO NOT TALK ABOUT ZOOPHILIA IN PUBLIC PLACES! I would even be careful using "code words" with the person you're meeting up with. Even in a public place, I would recommended carrying a weapon, at least a knife. (I would look up local laws in your area first.)

6) Do not let your licence plate on your motor vehicle be known. Generally, you should take a Taxi or Uber. But if you cannot manage that, or both services are not available in your area, try to bike or walk to your destination. If you cannot manage any of that, park your car a few blocks over where you intend to meet-up, get out, and walk. A license plate on a motor vehicle is a form of identification. A law enforcement officer would be able to run your plates in a computer and find out exactly who you are.

7) NO DRUGS AND NO ALCOHOL! You do not want to put yourself in a situation where you are mentally/physically impaired. You’ll want to make sure that you keep a sharp intact mind. Otherwise, mistakes can be made. Mistakes that could haunt you for the rest of your life. Not only that, but elicit drugs are illegal in most places. Taking illegal drugs in front of the person you plan to meet-up with, could end up being a cop’s wet dream, if they turn out to be a cop.

8) Trust your GUT FEELING. If you start getting second thoughts about meeting up, or you have a nagging feeling in the back of your head that this is probably not going to end well. Or that you feel you do not trust this person enough but you’ve agreed to a meet-up on impulse. Trust what your gut has to say. In these type of situations it’s best not to write off these concerns as “general anxiety.” Your gut often knows more than your conscience mind lets on.

**Remember to have fun but especially stay safe while doing so. I get that some of your are eager to meet people that share your unique zoophilic sexual orientation. But you want to do so as safely as possible and not let this eagerness be the downfall of your very life as you know it.**

Edit: A shout-out has to go to @Alpha Cat as he was the one that brought the need for these guidelines to my attention.
Good advice for any type of hookup through a web site. On Fetlife (BDSM) it's the same advice. A couple of additions...be especially aware if you are a female meeting a male, take note if in real life they do not look like their picture

Back