Fourwheeler

Hay so I have a grizzly big bare 400 and a while back the carb broke so I bought a new one and put it in and I was wondering if someone that knows about small carbs could help idk why but its pushing gass back into the carb when I turn the line on

Being a new carb it's possible that it got stuck or damaged during shipping or due to a manufacturing defect. Unfortunately the only way to check is to remove the carburetor and then the float bowl, the float is plastic and not adjustable so it is probably sticking on something or there's a piece of trash in the needle and seat.

Yeah, my guess would be either a bad float or a bad float boot (if it has one). Honestly if you bought a cheap Chinese aftermarket carburetor there's a good chance that it's defective out of the box since they're made as cheaply as possible. Those cheap Chinese ones are often a gamble.

If... your issue is actually a carb issue, I'd look into cleaning out the old one if you still have it. About 80% of the time the problem stems from a clogged brass jet from letting ethanol gasoline sit in the carb for too long. You'd just need some simple hand tools to take the carb apart. You'd need a sewing needle to unclog the brass jet (poke out the obstruction), and a bit of carb cleaner to flush out any contaminants.

Most likely you'll be able to find a YouTube video about how to clean it, or one like it. Or, if you don't want to do that, buy another one from a different vendor, or better yet, an OEM one.

Back