Dog getting wet/horny from petting????? + How to say no

Cooper22z

Tourist
As some of you may know, i have not done anything sexual with an animal yet due to my OCD.
Backstory here:
https://www.zoovilleforum.net/threa...rmation-would-be-very-much-appreciated.99822/

But i spoke about this situation with someone from the forum and they told me that i should not always turn her away and its kinda an injustice (which unfortunately made me over think about how im currently handling this situation.(but right now.. i must for sanity reasons)

To get to the point:
I cuddle with my dog 24/7. She's the Pitbull that always needs to be literally on top of you and laying on you somehow isn't even good enough!! This happens during day time but its mostly at night. I would be cuddling with my dog, watching tv and petting her. I am into the whole romance / connection side of this.. not so much about sex.
I pet her with lots of love and passion, never touch her down there either (ocd), and i noticed how horny and submissive she gets from me petting her alone. She also tries to hump me after or even tries to hump while i pet her, other times she will stand up and literally hold me down and kiss my mouth a lot and after kissing me try to hump me! I mean literally knock me over just to kiss me. She's also bent over for me too (i don't know the technical term) and i try to distract her. But shes with me 24/7 and we are inseparable. She is my world and she truly enjoys spending time with me. I don't want to ruin that aspect.

I have started to pet her a bit less due to this, cuddle her less, along with doing my best to not tell her no but distract her with a treat or toys.. or even go in another room. But i hate that this is making the cuddle/ safe feeling/love aspect messy

I feel bad because i dont want to make her feel neglected or like i dont love her
but this is behavior normal for a spayed dog!!??? She has literally left a wetspot on my sheets from where she was laying numerous times from just being pet

Might i add, she's only 2 years old and she was spayed at age 1.5. (I had to get her fixed, no option before someone tries to roast me)

I am not sure what to do about this or how to properly go about this situation.

One day i would love to let her lick me sexually and i would do some finger play to satisfy her so shes not always horny 24/7...but i am 100000% not ready for that yet and its not like i can just simply tell her that lol. Im still working through the OCD aspects with the sexual side, i hope to get there eventually.

Last edited:
You'll get there eventually! Dogs are individuals, and some are more or less sexually involved than others. Don't blow the sexual aspect out of proportion by assuming you aren't taking care of your dog by satisfying her sexual needs -- that's only 5% of the picture. The other 95% is all the other aspects of canine life that it sounds like you are doing an amazing job covering. Put it in perspective: many dogs adore chewing on things--bones, balls, you name it. Trying to maintain that without a chewing object the dog is somehow being deprived of a basic life function is a little extreme. It's above and beyond to provide for chewing enrichment, and even though as zoos we advocate for sex being part of life's functions, think of how many dogs have perfectly happy, healthy, enriched lives in all the non zoo households!

Many folks on here are WAY too into the sexual aspect of canine relationships, and while I don't blame them, it is incredible, when that's all you focus on, your advice tends to be all given through that lens.

For the time being, consider trying out other engaging non sexual things when she gets super horny to direct her attention away from it and keep her from getting frustrated.

You'll get there eventually! Dogs are individuals, and some are more or less sexually involved than others. Don't blow the sexual aspect out of proportion by assuming you aren't taking care of your dog by satisfying her sexual needs -- that's only 5% of the picture. The other 95% is all the other aspects of canine life that it sounds like you are doing an amazing job covering. Put it in perspective: many dogs adore chewing on things--bones, balls, you name it. Trying to maintain that without a chewing object the dog is somehow being deprived of a basic life function is a little extreme. It's above and beyond to provide for chewing enrichment, and even though as zoos we advocate for sex being part of life's functions, think of how many dogs have perfectly happy, healthy, enriched lives in all the non zoo households!

Many folks on here are WAY too into the sexual aspect of canine relationships, and while I don't blame them, it is incredible, when that's all you focus on, your advice tends to be all given through that lens.

For the time being, consider trying out other engaging non sexual things when she gets super horny to direct her attention away from it and keep her from getting frustrated.
THANK YOU for this!! I felt so bad because she adores cuddling and just being close to me. I felt terrible to just kinda distract myself, didnt even think about proper ways to distract her. She has a new tire toy that shes obsessed with so ill start using that among other ideas, even taking her for walks so she doesnt feel negative or neglected for feelings these things.
I appreciate your feedback on this topic!!

I think we zoos have the joy of caring for the sexual aspect of our companions as well as a realistic respect and understanding of their agency. As such, I see it the same way as any other positive social/relationship interaction. We humans expect each other to be able to have healthy balances and moderation to the things we enjoy, and I absolutely also support this approach to animal companionship. A healthy dog is well socialized and mentally and physically enriched, and this should ideally be from a wide variety of sources, including things we humans don’t understand as well but that stem from their unique biology, like the tremendous value of spending most of a walk sniffing rather than “heeling beside me hike as I jog”. Unless your dog loves to run, but you get the point.

If you equated sex to pieces of hot dog, allowing your doggo to eat however many hot dogs he wanted—probably an infinite amount of most dogs :) —is a quick path to obesity. Male dogs can be especially pushy, and constantly giving them anything they want sexually and never having the learning stage of “we aren’t having sex just because you want to” while amazingly fun for both of you, encourages a lack of self control that would have me concerned if your doggo found himself in other situations relying on good behavior and self mastery—like dashing across the street to get at that cheeky squirrel, or being able to chill peacefully with you while you do something else. That’s what I’m getting at by saying sex is a part. Thinking about the whole dog.

That being said, every dog is an individual, and some may be perfectly well behaved even with lots of sex, and understand appropriate and inappropriate times to solicit it. It’s up to you to work with where your dog is at socially and go from there in a way that lets them be the best canine they can be!

Additionally regarding the deprivation portion, one may not be depriving him nearly as much as one thinks as a primate without an estrus cycle who can have sex at any point. Female dogs usually cycle once or twice a year—so if we engaged with male dogs as they normally expect it would be a lot less frequent in general.

Last edited:
Back