• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Do you use online security apps/programs?

Do you use any of the following?

• I use Tails

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I use Whonix

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I use a VPN (on a regular operating system)

Votes: 40 56.3%
  • I use Tor Browser (on a regular operating system)

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • I use a VPN and Tor Browser (on a regular operating system)

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I use a regular Internet browser on a regular operating sytem

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • I use a method not mentioned (say what it is in a reply)

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters
Use tor browser with a VPN and you'll be invisible and you can do what ever the fuck you want on the internet

Yes. Browsers have security flaws and they run code downloaded from unknown places just by visiting a web address, and that can compromise them. That code can be contained in images, in font files, in videos, in JavaScript, etc. That is a large reason they are updated so frequently. If you want to prevent that possibility you would need to have a layer of protection around your browser. That is what whonix is for.

So then what's the point of the "safest" setting within Tor Browser (i.e. the setting that disables scripts such as Javascript)? When I say "safest setting", I'm referring to Tor Browser's "security level" feature.

I understand that Whonix adds another layer of protection, I just want to know if Tor Browser alone (with the highest security setting) is dependable.

Kodachi booted from USB(Live) of course, the second I pull out the usb, IMG_20200125_180907.pngIt's impossible to see what I did online even if they got a hold of my computer and had to the end of time to try and crack it.. Memory doesn't store any information at all
There are a number of ways to stay safe online. For example, there are things called "secure operating systems" (such as Tails and Whonix) -- Tails is an amnesiac operating system that can't "remember" sessions, while Whonix is an operating system that uses two virtual machines (a gateway and workstation) that connect to Tor and are run from VirtualBox (there are other configurations as well) -- Whonix can be run on a regular operating system like Windows.

Some people also use a VPN and/or Tor Browser from within a regular operating system, such as Windows / Microsoft. Both VPNs and Tor hide one's IP Address. What I'm wondering is -- are there other secure operating systems out there (that haven't been mentioned)? Are there other ways to stay safe online? How many people use any of these methods to stay safe online? Also, are there any flaws in the mentioned security methods? (For example, with VPNs one has to trust that the VPN provider doesn't keep logs and/or record one's activity).
Kodachi

I'm brand new here and using the chat sounds complicated, I'm not sure I'm computer savvy enough to figure out how to do it.

Is it possible to send a private message to another member here at zooville or are our messages all visible to other members?

Thanks

Click on the envelope above next to your user name then start conversation you can add more than 1 person.
Cheers and welcome. I will send you a PM so you can see how it works

The only thing about tor is that it basically announces that you're doing something 'so wrong' that you're willing to browse at a crawl and deal with failed lookups. Even if that's not the case.

Back