Curious Visitor.

Tourist
Hello, after questioning if I was a zoophile or not, and finding that I wasn’t, I began to think deeper about what I really thought what was right and wrong.
And I wanted to ask a question. I think one of the main reasons why zoophilia isn’t accepted, is because animals often share commonalities in society similar to children. And so, if you look at and consider the fact that the animals commonly partnered with (horses and dogs), are dependent on us, intelligence is lower, and consent is unclear and possibly only subjective in some cases, then how do you love them? As in, like, when I seek out a partner, I look to be able to connect with them and understand them. Any connection I make with an animal, I feel it’s only fair to recognize that my connection is subjective, because I have no idea how it is to be that animal and probably never will to a confident extent, or ever be able to connect deeply in the way I need and want.
And the main reason I stepped away from this for myself personally, other than the fact that I just don’t find animals that attractive, is that I compared this to if a child seemingly “gave consent”. If I was hypothetically attracted to them, and a child was attracted to me for some reason, showed physical and verbal consent, that’d still be wrong because of many reasons.
With pets and owners, there’s an immediate power imbalance, not complete awareness or intelligence, and consent isn’t always super clear. Consent can seem clear, but I just tend to be a very morally anxious and detail-oriented person. If I was an animal and I loved my owner very much, and leaned into what felt right for me, that’s cool. But if I ever somehow became more aware of the circumstance, I’d feel used in some way.
But yeah, those are my thoughts. And, if I could find a reasoning that did make zoophilia totally ok, then that’d be cool, because I do try to be open-minded and wouldn’t want a decent amount of population of people to feel as if something was inherently wrong with them.
Even if I eventually find myself to still disagree, I still feel like there’s just a need for us to do more research on this and support each other in some way.

how is it not a clear consent when my girl flags me or my boy literally tries to place my hand on his sheath or straight up mounts if i bend over?
lots of pedo-parallels for a "zoocurious" person tbh.

how is it not a clear consent when my girl flags me or my boy literally tries to place my hand on his sheath or straight up mounts if i bend over?
lots of pedo-parallels for a "zoocurious" person tbh.
The comparison to pedophilia was intentional to explain my reasoning. Though this is a question post for if you’re willing to talk about it. If not, that’s fine.

I understand questioning yourself. And would you like to elaborate on what kinds of questions you’ve felt before and why?
Note to self: probably because we can’t really comprehend their intelligence and it’s not as well researched. Evolution seems to give and take when it comes to advantages and it gives their brains an entirely different set of skills to survive that obviously does not leave room for things like communication. We can connect our thoughts and remember those thoughts in a complex way because we developed specific skills for language. Dogs evolved from social animals that live/survive in groups, they have poured all their evolutionary “points” into being hunters. Apes have much better short term memory than we do. Studies that make them play games where they see shapes and patterns for a couple seconds and then have to recreate those shapes from memory show they are up 90% accurate at recreating the shapes on the screen. But their long term memory is not like ours in the way that it can remember things from the past like we do, which makes teaching monkey’s language of any kind impossible.It’s better to argue with Zoos from the standpoint:We have a position of power over animals because this is a world we created and understand the complexities. In many ways, it is like adopting a young child who knows nothing of the world and can barely communicate with you and doing these thing. I’m fairly certain most animals will not engage in that kind of activity with a human without training or coaxing in some way which is basically; like grooming a non verbal toddler who has no idea how the world works yet. When they adopt an animal it puts them in a position of authority over it and it’s wrong to use their authority for their own pleasure over something that has to be taught to go along with it.

Back