• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Count to ∞!

Still, that's a good way to ruin a perfectly good steak, and being cooked to rare to medium well is generally safe to eat. I like my steak around medium to medium-well, and with seasoning. I've over cooked a steak before and it turns into leather and loses all it's flavor. To me, wanting your steak cooked that way is culinary blasphemy! Lol

I love my steak seasoned, but many people don't, when it comes to steak it's hard to completely screw it up as long as you take a little bit of precautions.

Everyone that's tried a Floofy steak has liked them. I tend to take a ribeye, spread a little soy sauce on both sides, add truffle sea salt, black pepper, a dash of Montreal steak seasoning, onion flakes, a bit of garlic powder, and a very light coating of butter power. Throw that puppy in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours. Then fire up your grill to 500 degrees. 4 minutes on each side if it's a 3/4 in cut. Afterwards you got yourself a mighty tasty medium steak!

IMG_20220315_011403~2.jpg

I was grossed out by all this talk about rare and medium steaks.
When it comes to steak, the muscle fibers of the meat are usually clear of bacteria and other pathogens due to how it's structured. Usually, if there is any bad bacteria or pathogens it's on the very outside of the steak itself. As long as the outside is cooked the inside can remain partially uncooked, while still being safe to eat. Something like chicken, on the other hand, is absolutely not safe to eat undercooked. This is due to the shape of the muscle fibers which allows bacteria and pathogens to permeate inside of the meat itself.

But yeah, I get where you come from, I'm very... let's say squeamish, when it comes to underdone meat (excluding steaks) my mother drilled that into my head when she taught me how to cook.

Back