• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Count to ∞!

You don't see them too often and not just because they're extinct.
I think they are... or were... interesting creatures for sure (since some people still debate their extinction), with their big maws, and canid looks despite being a marsupial. But the creature in that piece of artwork stuck me as more of a rat mainly due to how they drew the face, the shape of the ears, and the fact that it lacked the thylacine's signature stripes.

I think they are... or were... interesting creatures for sure (since some people still debate their extinction), with their big maws, and canid looks despite being a marsupial. But the creature in that piece of artwork stuck me as more of a rat mainly due to how they drew the face, the shape of the ears, and the fact that it lacked the thylacine's signature stripes.
At a glance I thought it was some kind of rodent, but there was something about the muzzle - too, well, cynocephalus (dog-faced). Then I saw the stripes - they're understated, but there. The bit that removed all doubt was the penis - I've never given them much thought until recently, but it's not the first Thylacine artwork I've seen.

Back