(Complete newbie) How do I get things started with a sexually mature dog?

I’ve spent the last few days learning and studying with all the resources that are on this website, reading through everything I see. By no means am I done with my research, I want to be as well informed as I possibly can be before making any decisions. So be it choosing what breed of dog I would like, how I’m going to take care of him etc. this is a big decision for me and I do not want to make any mistakes for the sake of my potential partner and his health. I’ve always loved animals. And I’m particularly fond of dogs~ 🩵

I’m a trans girl and I would love to be in a relationship with a male dog. Through all the reading I’ve done on here, one thing that I don’t really understand is how I should ‘get things started’ per se. I want to preface this by making one thing expressly clear, I DO NOT WANT TO TRAIN MY DOG FOR SEX IN ANY WAY AT ALL. I want this to be a beautiful relationship, I want us to fall in love with each other. And above all, I want things to be consensual. I want to be in an intimate relationship with him, but I don’t really know how I’m supposed to make him understand or express to him that I want such a relationship with him. From all the reading I have done, it seems to me that generally speaking, they become sexually mature around 8-12 months of age (I do intend on educating myself more about this when I choose a breed and learning their habits and all the little nuances). I also understand the importance of playing with the dog, spending all your time with them and gaining their trust and affection for you.

So when a dog is of that age or older, and they are both mentally and emotionally ready for intimacy and sex, how I do make him understand that I’m interested in him and want him to make love to me? Do I get naked and play with him differently? Do I touch him or lick him in his intimate areas to express my need for him to just take me like the little bitch I am? 😅

If this question has already been answered to some degree, I would appreciate it greatly if you all could share a link to it. Other than that, I appreciate all the help I can get, quite glad this place exists it was all super helpful!

The way I did this is I waited for my dog to show interest in sexual behavior. Interest in female dogs, humping things + appropriate age.
Then when he does try to mount you or something else, you just help out with your hand.

The way I did this is I waited for my dog to show interest in sexual behavior. Interest in female dogs, humping things + appropriate age.
Then when he does try to mount you or something else, you just help out with your hand.
Oh wow that response was fast! Thank you!

I intend on hopefully getting a very young puppy (I want to spend as much of my time as I can with my darling 🩵). I’ve heard that it’s awkward for male dogs when they’re doing it for the first time. So when a male dog shows interest and tries to hump you or mount you, you do your best to guide them through it, I see.

Is this sort of behavior seen a lot when they become sexually mature? I don’t really think my dog is going to spend a lot of time with other people (Not that I’m thinking of socially depriving him, besides taking him or regular walks and other outings, I don’t really think I’ll do much). Since he probably won’t be spending a lot of time with other dogs or people, will he be naturally inclined to do things with me?

Since he probably won’t be spending a lot of time with other dogs or people,
This is generally not a good idea.
Dogs need socialization in order to properly develop behavior towards other animals and other people.
Otherwise you are risking problems with aggression, anxiety... you absolutely should socialize your dog with other dogs and even various animals as well as people.
Join a training group, training course, let people pet him... Read up on it.

Is this sort of behavior seen a lot when they become sexually mature?
It was in my dog who tried to hump any female dog regardless of size or heat.

This is generally not a good idea.
Dogs need socialization in order to properly develop behavior towards other animals and other people.
Otherwise you are risking problems with aggression, anxiety... you absolutely should socialize your dog with other dogs and even various animals as well as people.
Join a training group, training course, let people pet him... Read up on it.

It was in my dog who tried to hump any female dog regardless of size or heat.
I see. I’ll look into it more stuff socializing and figure things out from there. Is there anything else you believe is important? Stuff I should know as a beginner? Other than that, thank you so much for your time! Cheers!~

Back