April 8, 2024 Total Solar Eclipse for North America

wishboner

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
I'm excited to see this total solar eclipse! I hope the weather cooperates! My city is basically shutting down that day because of the influx of people expected. No school for the kids too. It should be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for sure. I can't wait! I have my glasses ready and plan on trying to photograph and film it. The duration of totality will be over 4 minutes! Pretty cool!

It will be interesting to see how the animals react as they think night is coming.

Last edited:
Total solar eclipse renews debunked flat Earth conspiracy theories and talks about interdimensional creatures, aliens, and Earth's destruction!

I heard there is going to be a run on the grocery stores like when the shutdown hit, and travel in the path of the total eclipse will be ground to a halt during the eclipse.

I'm glad I can just sit in my back yard and enjoy it and not have to travel!

Total solar eclipse renews debunked flat Earth conspiracy theories and talks about interdimensional creatures, aliens, and Earth's destruction!

I heard there is going to be a run on the grocery stores like when the shutdown hit, and travel in the path of the total eclipse will be ground to a halt during the eclipse.

I'm glad I can just sit in my back yard and enjoy it and not have to travel!
The aliens are always there, you can only see them during an eclipse lol

A note of advice for this thread: even though the eclipse covers a wide swath of territory - be wary about giving too many details regarding your plans. For stalkers, trackers and other nefarious among us - even simple things narrow the field.

"lounging on the lawn next the pool" ... search criteria is down to "homes" + "with lawns" + "has pool" + "in full swath" = X
"but looks like they are calling for rain" ... above + "weather forecast"

etc etc -- be safe, be careful

We don't get one in the UK?

Damn.
The next solar eclipse for the westernmost parts of the UK and Ireland will be a partial eclipse on 8 April 2024. After that, the UK will have to wait until 2090 for the next total solar eclipse! I don't think I'll be around for that one!

The next solar eclipse for the westernmost parts of the UK and Ireland will be a partial eclipse on 8 April 2024. After that, the UK will have to wait until 2090 for the next total solar eclipse! I don't think I'll be around for that one!
No full eclipse?

Damn.

Yea, I'm hard to appease. :husky_grin:

The forecast doesn't look great for my location on Monday, either. :( Mostly cloudy and rainy.

I live in the path of totality, and they're basically shutting down our city because 2 million idiot "tourists" are going to flood in thinking they need to be in a city to look at the sky.

Go fucking sit in the middle of a corn field! Don't come into our city and fuck it up just to look at the sky! The sky exists everywhere, you don't need to be in a city to look at it!

I live in the path of totality, and they're basically shutting down our city because 2 million idiot "tourists" are going to flood in thinking they need to be in a city to look at the sky.

Go fucking sit in the middle of a corn field! Don't come into our city and fuck it up just to look at the sky! The sky exists everywhere, you don't need to be in a city to look at it!
Yep same for my city. People are renting their yards out. Funny you mentioned corn field because that was my original plan to camp out on my farm in southern Indiana but I figured it's not worth fighting traffic to get back home in Ohio for work on Tuesday. It's nice having the day off tomorrow though. Lol

Where im at we are super close to the path of totality so excited to check it out just everyone if you do make sure to have the proper glasses!

Back