4 years later and im still not okay

Im not even sure where to put this... I just need to get it off my chest. I lost my girl 4 years ago today. She didnt die and as far as I know is still healthy and happy today (which I thank god for.). But she was taken from me in a way I can't explain without it becoming too specific lets just say a family member betrayed me. I thought after a year or 2 or 3 it would stop hurting. Its 4 years later. I have most of the things I always wanted. But I don't have her. I'd trade everything I have today to restart and be with her again... does it ever get better?

:husky_sad: So sorry to hear this. At least you can take comfort in knowing she is happy and cared for.
That is about the only thing that keeps me from losing it completely. Knowing that somewhere out there that beautiful soul is living a good life and I had some hand in that.

Im not even sure where to put this... I just need to get it off my chest. I lost my girl 4 years ago today. She didnt die and as far as I know is still healthy and happy today (which I thank god for.). But she was taken from me in a way I can't explain without it becoming too specific lets just say a family member betrayed me. I thought after a year or 2 or 3 it would stop hurting. Its 4 years later. I have most of the things I always wanted. But I don't have her. I'd trade everything I have today to restart and be with her again... does it ever get better?
I'm so sorry of what happened, hope you will get better ❤️‍🩹

I think just be strong, families is the worst , move on, get your will and strength back and when you do you will have the possibility to find another girl in your life who you can share everything with her.

I think just be strong, families is the worst , move on, get your will and strength back and when you do you will have the possibility to find another girl in your life who you can share everything with her.
Im afraid, ive tried multiple times over the years and I could never form that connection again. Or anything even close. I honestly feel as though my heart has been frozen and can never be thawed.

You will feel humiliated . You know someone who gave birth to me slandered my name and all efforts to have become a vet went down the drain , I was judged and criticized ,now she has babesiosis, good , I made peace with myself , in my faith forgiveness isn't my thing but for 11 years now of moving on and I am still strong , courageous and ambitious. Find inner peace with yourself, don't beat yourself up,have the will to fight what you believe in and love and care for 💝

No, the pain just gets a bit duller as time goes on, but it is there lingering forever.

That is a troubling story and I'm very sorry for you.
Is it possible you could talk about this with a therapist?
I believe you can heal from this with time, but maybe getting help is the best first step and may greatly speed the process.

I don't know what to suggest as we don't know the full back story (I'm not asking for it either), but I hope you find some peace within yourself soon. I can't be easy. Take time to care for yourself 🫂

Sending love! Hope you find some peace.

Getting betrayed by someone whom you should be able to trust is the worst. The pain will be there lingering always it just dulls over time. Hope things get better for you. A lot of times humans tend to be the worst saying you can trust them to your face while holding a dagger behind their back.

I do sincerely hope you can find that happiness and joy again when you are ready to receive it.

My condolences, but never says goodbye, say see you later...

Time heals everything... I have had 11 generations of dogs, but one of them left me with a great void of 7 years of grieving... Don't allow it!, try to have another one as soon as possible, but search with tranquility the most suitable for you; or have two if it is possible. The loss of one next to another becomes more bearable.

Back