This isn't a cry for help. I'm just not feeling being alive without my best puppy. I had to let my 9 year old pup go a few days ago. He had cancer and operating wasn't an option because of where it was. I held him as he left this world and I'm fucking dead inside because of it. I have his paw print in clay from the vet and it is killing me how silent my home is with him gone. I know I should feel better considering I did this to prevent his suffering and gave him piece by letting him go. I just don't know what to do now that he's gone. His toys lay around my home and his water dish is still clean and full for him. I open the drawer for something and I'm use to him running up to me for a treat because it's in the same drawer but he's not there. His toys still on the floor where he left them. How the fuck do you get over a loss like this? I can't get another pup with my work schedule. It will never be the same. What do I do? How do I feel better? Can anyone offer any help here?
Totally understand and appreciate exactly what you're saying. There are no words of solace, no comforting little sayings to offer. Just... nods of acknowledgment about your loss. I'm still trying to deal with the loss of my Lab in December. Too soon not to hurt this much. The only way through it, is through it, knowing that the depth of my pain (and yours) is verification of how much we feel the loss.

So sorry. So sorry. Sending warmth your way, if you can feel it at all right now.

Totally understand and appreciate exactly what you're saying. There are no words of solace, no comforting little sayings to offer. Just... nods of acknowledgment about your loss. I'm still trying to deal with the loss of my Lab in December. Too soon not to hurt this much. The only way through it, is through it, knowing that the depth of my pain (and yours) is verification of how much we feel the loss.

So sorry. So sorry. Sending warmth your way, if you can feel it at all right now.
I appreciate that. Everything is pretty numb at the moment. I'm happy someone knows the feeling as bitter sweet as it may be. Sadly alcohol is my only escape from the pain of being alone without him. He was always there when I did anything. He'd be asking for cookies or pets one way or another. Now he's gone. It's hard to do anything honestly. He's just always be there and all of a sudden he's gone. Just a paw print to fill the massive gap. I can't imagine it gets any easier.

So sorry for your loss. You will get through this, though it may be one of the hardest things you face. It may not be the most appealing option, but you may also be able to adopt a grown pup who needs your love, that would work with your schedule.

if it means anything I can show you how to become able to see him once more. I think the most wonderful thing about animals is that they will most likely watch over you after their death, oblivious as ever that they are in the astral. If you want I may be of service to you in one way or another

Losing someone dear to us, especially to cancer and watching as the reports come in, is never easy. Recently lost my Husband from cancer just 2 months after seeing my pup hit by a car and watching as both of them left this world, holding their hand and paw respectively.

Nothing prepared me for either loss, and I don't think there is any amount of time that could have prepared anyone for that pain. Every day I lose more water through my eyes and nose than I can possibly drink to recover, or at least it feels that way.

Shortly before Husband left, we found a pup to keep me company when he couldn't be here for me anymore. To this day only 6 short weeks after that fateful day, the only reason I'm here is because of that pup.

If you need or want to talk, please let us both seek comfort through community and kinship. I will be there if you need.

With all the Love I can muster, ZD ?

Back