Deep quotes you heard or made up?

Some people are like slinkies. They don't really have much purpose, but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

“Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room.” —President Merkin Muffley

Hope for the best, but expect the worst and you'll never be disappointed.
- My grandpa (who almost certainly picked it up from somebody else)
I use and quote that one very often.

Or more precisely, I often live by that one and quote:
"A pessimist is just a life seasoned optimist"
To anyone that is not happy with me stating the worst possible scenario along with the positive one

Hope for the best, but expect the worst and you'll never be disappointed.
- My grandpa (who almost certainly picked it up from somebody else)
I prefer to always expect the worst. Either I'm right or I'm positively surprised by something less than the worst. Sometimes even something positive.
I'm usually pretty spot on though.

As I said in another thread:
"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment"

It gladdens me to know that Odin prepares for a feast! Soon I shall be drinking ale from curved horns. This hero that comes into Valhalla does not lament his death. I shall not enter Odin’s hall with fear. There, I shall wait for my sons to join me. And when they do, I will bask in their tales of triumph. The Aesir will welcome me. My death comes without apology. And I welcome the Valkyries to summon me home!

"A mind that rejects new data, even if the data contradicts what the mind thinks it knows, is not functioning at peak.”

We all have the same amount of time 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week 52 weeks a year. Unless you are born in the states in summer. Then you get an extra hour in the fall that winter people do not. Unless you die in the winter, in which case you gave back your extra hour.
😁 so you think someone gets older just by turning the dials on his wristwatch 😂

"Ares: No. Life *isn't* worth living. It's to be *taken*, and *beaten*. And wrestled, and formed in your image. *That's* where the meaning lies. In what you can twist life into. For those who just *endure* life, yeah: it is a very nasty joke. But for those who form it with their will, the joke is on those who get in the way." -Xena: Warrior Princess

Back