• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Zooville makes 99000 signed up

Locoluv

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
Hi all 99k and over 600k messages, will interesting to see how long till we get to 100k members

We're only at 99,083 right now at 9:30pm 7-12-2021.

99,123 3:38 AM 7-13-2021

99,393 8:29 PM 7-14-2021

99,562 3:24 AM 7-16-2021

99,667 7:34 PM 7-16-2021

99,854 12:01 AM 7-18-2021

100,013 9:20 PM 7-18-2021

Last edited:
We're only at 99,083 right now at 9:30pm 7-12-2021.
The thing that makes me wonder is how many of those 99K are "sign up, log in once, never heard from again" cases? And what fraction are "sign up, log in, get shitcanned instantly" (AKA "Nothing" - over, and over and over and over and over again, frequently multiple times per hour)

That's the problem with trying to judge a forum by it's "signed up" count - Beastforum had multiple-millions - but I doubt that at any given moment, more than a thousand of them were actually "in use", as opposed to being either abandoned (or outright banned) "filler"/"leftovers" that meant nothing other than being able to say "Yeah, we've got X million users signed up, so we want 8.4 cents per ad instead of the standard 5.1 cents you usually offer those lame boards with only 10K users."

The thing that makes me wonder is how many of those 99K are "sign up, log in once, never heard from again" cases? And what fraction are "sign up, log in, get shitcanned instantly" (AKA "Nothing" - over, and over and over and over and over again, frequently multiple times per hour)
Zooville actually does not include the number of deleted or banned users in the account total on the homepage.
There are now 99,084 members But, the latest member to join is numbered 123,810. The difference is significant.
But I do not think there would be a way to count what fraction of those accounts are "active", or how many users have multiple accounts.

That's the problem with trying to judge a forum by it's "signed up" count - Beastforum had multiple-millions - but I doubt that at any given moment, more than a thousand of them were actually "in use", as opposed to being either abandoned (or outright banned) "filler"/"leftovers" that meant nothing other than being able to say "Yeah, we've got X million users signed up, so we want 8.4 cents per ad instead of the standard 5.1 cents you usually offer those lame boards with only 10K users."
I haven't paid much attention. But I would assume the member count would adjust based on members we ban, and most are just lurker accounts. Almost many are lurker accounts. Before we changed to this software, there was over 100k and many were lurker accounts. Never logged in again, and even some where the types of usernames should've been banned anyway. Like "test" accounts for example.

If I had a full admin panel, I may see what the actual number of users are. But not anymore, since Zenforo isn't like vBulletin.

I like to think that plenty are lurkers, and that it shows an interest in Zoo, even if they log in once or twice. To register is still a time investment.

Zooville actually does not include the number of deleted or banned users in the account total on the homepage.
There are now 99,084 members But, the latest member to join is numbered 123,810. The difference is significant.
But I do not think there would be a way to count what fraction of those accounts are "active", or how many users have multiple accounts.
Fairly simple. 99k supposed members, 600,000 messages....avg 6 apiece? That suggests ACTIVE membership is well under the actual number. Not a lot different than B/F one way or another.

Just for fun: the top 20 posters here have a total of 80000 posts between them, averaging about 4 k each. That leaves 520000 posts to split between 99980 users. That average drops to 5.2 each. And we all know well that most of the users here are tongue-tied.

As to multiple accounts, the software is supposed to be weeding them out. Doesnt seem to be keeping Nothing out.

Last edited:
Back