Will the Furry Community Ever Socially Accept Zoo's?

Do you believe that zoo's will ever be accepted in the Furry Fandom? Why or why not?

• Yes

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No

Votes: 51 53.1%
  • Don't care

Votes: 37 38.5%

• Total voters
Im also a fur zoo and 100% it will never be accepted. Its something i keep to myself and the like minded ones i know i find out through sites like this or through ones i already know. But with this next generationand their cancel culture their are somr who make ot their lifes work to expose the ones who are zoo. But its funny knowing that most of the fursuiters they love and praise are actually secretly zoo too.
But im at the point where i dont care about the fandom that much anymore. I got my friends who are into both, and only really go to cons to see those ive known forever

Was once accepted. But being that so many people are in the fandom now it's become less & less which is odd being that furries are open minded similar to zoo's, so why can't they accept both

As a zoo fur myself, I don't think we'll ever be "accepted" in the fandom. I think before we could blend in a lot better, and the internet in general was such a different environment than what it is now. Between social justice (which on principal I don't think is a bad thing for the record), cancel culture and the like it just isn't safe. You can get cancelled for literally anything in this day and age, even if its something years and years old, and I think a lot of newer generation furries are way more into the extreme side of that stuff.

I'm lucky that most of my good furry friends that I've told accepted me for it and didn't think of me differently or anything. But I can't help but feel like they are in the minority. Zoo has an awful stigma because the people who get "outed" for being zoos are primarily being outed for other shitty things they've done, and then being a zoophile is just the icing on top of the cake. The correlation between zoophiles and animal rapists/abusers will probably not go away any time soon.

as a zoo fur, i highly doubt it’ll ever be “accepted”, despite there probably being a lot of furs who are closeted zoos. furries are increasingly cracking down on zoos, probably as an attempt to “improve” the image of the fandom. but i also don’t really care just because i don’t consider myself too invested in the fandom hence why i voted that

Explain your choice in detail. Use proper grammar and drink lots of Root Beer. ;)
I have no real stake in the furry fandom, I'd just like to express my approval of your choice of beverages.

Unless "Root Beer" is some kind of euphemism amongst furries. In which case, fucking furries ruin everything!

Back