Why is there such a deep, red line for people regarding zoo?

You can put animals in the most horrific conditions, raising them in torture purely for their flesh. You can shoot one for really no reason at all. You can love them platonically and spend all your money on giving them the nicest life ever. You can force them to breed against their will and produce endless unwanted pets. You can dump stuff in the water supply (provided you're a corporation) killing or harming entire ecosystems. But for some reason as soon as you take an animal into the bedroom, you're viewed as some kind of deranged sexual deviant. Even crazier, some people will draw a false equivalency between zoophile acts and pedo shit, as if the situations are similar to them(???).

My opinion is that there are a few factors, but I wanted to hear more from you all. The most interesting idea I've heard is that opposition to bestiality was a cultural development much earlier in history as humanity started going from hunter gatherer societies (close to nature) to agricultural (humanity dominion over nature), that a line needed to be drawn in the sand to separate humanity from the natural world. This is manifested in the language it is forbidden in the bible with: "Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion."

Having a pet that is subservient to you is permitted. Fawning over the pet as if its a mindless toy in need of your protection is ok. The issue culture seems to have is with putting animals on a level equal to humanity's through sexual/romantic love.

If anyone has any other theories please drop them here!

One large reason is going to be based on various religions that forbid bestiality for whatever set of dumb reasons.
But I would like to hear the reason my parent for example would have. I am pretty sure none of them supports zoophilia. But they are totally atheist, reasonable and intelligent people. I am not going to ask them though.

because people in fear or anger are easyer to manage

better let them be busy with themself so they dont ask questions towars u - its easy to get a big group to be against a smaller one - all a thing with force/might

because people in fear or anger are easyer to manage

better let them be busy with themself so they dont ask questions towars u - its easy to get a big group to be against a smaller one - all a thing with force/might
I think that's definitely the case in the modern world, but in the past the state/majority enjoyed essentially complete power and didn't need zoophiles as a minority group to demonstrate might against.

I'm interested not so much in why it's still forbidden now in 2023, as I think there are a lot of obvious reasons, but why it became forbidden a long time ago in many cultures and has been that way for millennia.

@Goattobeloved Exactly. It's really uncomfortable for people. It also becomes extremely difficult to justify our current behaviors towards animals/our planet.

'Human exceptionalism' may have an origin point in early Christianity. It's the assumption that humans are the most superior being on the planet. This in part comes from the belief that humankind was divinely ordained by God to be steward and master over all the other animals. This attitude, regardless of one's religious belief, now permeates our society. It is often the justification for keeping animals as pets, eating them for food, using them the clothing, killing them for sport.

I think that human exceptionalism starts to unravel when sex is introduced though, and may be some of the reason why zoosexuality is taboo. From the exceptionalism perspective, someone having sex with a dog is brought down to the dog's level of inferiority. That human is no longer the exceptional/superior being. Culturally, this doesn't jive. Maybe it didn't back then either.

On the false equivalency between zoosexuality and pedophilia. I think people may see adult animals as children because of human exceptionalism too.

well my point is *why* do religions/cultures often seem to forbid it
The why is pretty simple if you look at it in a pea brain only one "right" way to live mentality. (Like the Christian religion especially) Their views are anything that is divergent from the first woman being a subservient housewive to Adam is flawed. So in other words if your not like everyone else, a sheep following the herd, a copy of the typical conformist couple, you are sining. So in other words gays or people like us that are attracted to animals are somehow doing something "wrong". The entire point of religion is control. As for cultures as a whole. Or non religious people judging bestiality. Well take it from decades of life experience as an autistic man, people judge anything that is inherently different from them. It hasn't always been that way though with bestiality. At one point sleeping with animals was considered sacred in ancient cultures, if you look through ancient mythology bestiality was EVERYWHERE. Between gods Turning into animals and having sex with people, god's like pan having sex with goats and even temples made for people to have orgies at existed. Yes animals where involved. Some places in the world still have rites to manhood where having sex with female donkeys is seen as entering adulthood; a requirement before they're ready to have sex with a human.

@Goattobeloved

I think that human exceptionalism starts to unravel when sex is introduced though, and may be some of the reason why zoosexuality is taboo. From the exceptionalism perspective, someone having sex with a dog is brought down to the dog's level of inferiority. That human is no longer the exceptional/superior being. Culturally, this doesn't jive. Maybe it didn't back then either.

On the false equivalency between zoosexuality and pedophilia. I think people may see adult animals as children because of human exceptionalism too.
So In other words your saying that the main reason people judge us is their ego is TOO big to see things for how they truly are. Too big to drop their opinion to actually understand beyond what they are led to believe! That we are not the only species on the planet capable of acting on and consenting to sexual feelings! That cross species mating happens in nature and is therefore a natural occurrence even when people do it. Albeit a not so common attraction but still, an innate one that has existed for a very long time. As far back as prehistoric times. Wow no way!

Ya sadly people see fully grown adult animals as forever young because of cultural conditioning. Something along the lines of Humans are "superior" Animals are inferior "childlike" creatures. It's trendy to be a parent to them, 🙄, and if you don't follow trends well back to my previous response. If your different you'll get judged. No understanding, no reasoning with these people. Automatic ostracism. Welcome to the human race. Most of these assholes aren't friendly if you are different

Last edited:
Control what is pleasurable, cause it comes from God when it is fairly given in small doses by *insert your religion of choice here*, but is a temptation and wrong if you take it at will by yourself.
😓

You can put animals in the most horrific conditions, raising them in torture purely for their flesh. You can shoot one for really no reason at all. You can love them platonically and spend all your money on giving them the nicest life ever. You can force them to breed against their will and produce endless unwanted pets. You can dump stuff in the water supply (provided you're a corporation) killing or harming entire ecosystems. But for some reason as soon as you take an animal into the bedroom, you're viewed as some kind of deranged sexual deviant. Even crazier, some people will draw a false equivalency between zoophile acts and pedo shit, as if the situations are similar to them(???).

My opinion is that there are a few factors, but I wanted to hear more from you all. The most interesting idea I've heard is that opposition to bestiality was a cultural development much earlier in history as humanity started going from hunter gatherer societies (close to nature) to agricultural (humanity dominion over nature), that a line needed to be drawn in the sand to separate humanity from the natural world. This is manifested in the language it is forbidden in the bible with: "Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion."

Having a pet that is subservient to you is permitted. Fawning over the pet as if its a mindless toy in need of your protection is ok. The issue culture seems to have is with putting animals on a level equal to humanity's through sexual/romantic love.

If anyone has any other theories please drop them here!
You don't have to think much.😅
society, the mentality of the people... it doesn't make sense.
There is a lot of asshole loose🤪.

You are right in everything you said

As others have stated already, I think you can find the answer in speciesism. Add to that the fear of the unknown and lack of (a want of) understanding the difference between zoosexual and zoosadist and people will cry rape while they're drinking cow's milk and eating pig flesh.

Control what is pleasurable, cause it comes from God when it is fairly given in small doses by *insert your religion of choice here*, but is a temptation and wrong if you take it at will by yourself.
😓
it's fucking weird that they (christianity) to some degree of success also control masturbation. it's a fucking sin to feel pleasure! how does it have any following?

it's fucking weird that they (christianity) to some degree of success also control masturbation. it's a fucking sin to feel pleasure! how does it have any following?
You got to suffer to be good, therefore, suffering is good and pleasure comes from devil. Odd, aint it? And quite opposite to what Jesus seemed to convey inbthe Bible, but... Hey... Power!!

Fun how Onan's sin was never masturbation or missing his seed on the ground, but the reason he was doing it for (greed). BUT it was quickly turned into "masturbation is bad in the eyes of God"

Talk of being manipulative...

A large part of it was actually:
We (christians) are persecuted and minority, we need to bolster are numbers. No one is dumb enough to convert to our bullshit so we need to indoctrinate them from the beginning. Breed and breed like rabbits to increase our numbers! You must only use your seed to breed and increase our numbers.

That's also why christian families are so large. More children = more christians for the flock.

The three most common reasons given by antis in my experience are the intelligence level similar to a child (when adult animals are mature enough to be able to consent), second that they do not believe that body language = talking, and third that animals do not feel sexual pleasure (proven wrong by science btw).

Though more people nowadays in the force free training community are claiming that animals can in fact consent with the growing learning of body language (especially with cats, dogs and horses). But I think even with this more open view of the world, they still feel uncomfortable to accept non-humans capable of appreciating sex with humans as it's something deep in the no-no zone which make it difficult to reconsiderate.

Last edited:
Do not forget about the "informed consent" falacy. It IS true you can not communicate all your intentions and consequences to an animal  before you act on them, *but* there is such thing as any time consent or "stop me if you find you are not comfortable.

Even with humans, there is a reason DBSM enthusiasts use a safe word *even* when playing in consensual agreement.

Cause even under informed consent, one can have second thoughts when things get real.
So to me it is -safer- that informed consent (obviously, if people is careful throught the act and is not driven only by lust)

Back