What zoo really means to me!

P

pupwhoshaggedme

I just wanted to take a moment to post something that I hope can resonate with someone struggling with themselves, for whatever reason. I see people post about how they hate themselves for having zoo thoughts/tendencies; and it's something that always bothered me. Mostly because I just do not understand how someone could feel that way. I know that society has "built a wall" to talk down to and keep out the taboo, like being a zoo, but societal norms can suck it. Your life belongs to nobody but you and if deep down this is what makes you happy, then own it. Now I'm not saying go parade down the street yelling it over an intercom as society rarely ever changes on their closed minded views; but if you know your here for the right reasons and you feel like it's what your heart wants then never shun that away.

For me the idea of being with an animal just makes me happy and it's just like the loving feelings that humans share together on an everyday basis. I can take a special moment I've shared with a dog and recreate it from memory because of how special that moment was to me, I can pick up on each dogs, that I've bonded with, quirky personality traits and things that make them so individual and special. I take every second we have together and try my best to make it special so that the dog never forgets who I am or the special times we have shared. The feelings I have for animals are feelings of passion, love, and lust and they are things I embrace.

Animals can show their love towards you right back in subtle ways that really just makes you double back and realize that your own feelings of love towards them are all worth it. Obviously animals cannot just outright say "I love you" but it's the little things they do that really hit that message home. For me; it's as something as little as a kiss from a bit dog who never gives kisses that make my heart melt. A night of love and lust .. follows exhaustion, laying down in bed, but then my love joins me in the bed and lays beside me....our glances meet and I cannot help but smile and blush....and before you know it his tongue comes out and grazes my lips....it's gentle, sudden....it strokes by one single time and that's all.....but that motion...that unexpected kiss from a doggo who never gives kisses means the world to me. Especially after all the memories we made during the night....that one kiss is like an "I love you" whisper in my ear. It's the little things like that which makes you know that... loving feelings towards an animal are 100% lagit and for me, the ultimate happiness i could ever have.

I sit here and say this because if someone else can feel the same way towards an animal then it's not wrong..it's not something to shy away from or beat yourself up over. It's something to embrace. It's love and it makes you happy and I can guarantee it makes, any animal you have contact with, happy as well.

Of course there are more topics and things they can contribute to these feelings and if people want to I'd love to discuss and talk more about them. If..or posting this helps anyone feel more comfortable with themselves, and it allows them to be happy with who they are, then it's worth doing so to me.

That is beautiful. It is hard to embrace our lifestyle sometimes because it has to be such a super secret but you are right. When I was younger I buried this part of my life and suppressed it and almost only by accident I’ve come back to it.

my German Shepard is my mate and my companion, I love it when I read about someone who also has that level of intimacy

I have to remind myself it is real and special sometimes, thank you for putting that post out

Last edited:
Back