• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

what insurance should I get?

Just got a new dog. She's 2yrs old. I think we should get health insurance for her. Does anyone know of a great insurance carrier here in the U.S.?
petsbest is a really good one, cheapest monthly options with an unlimited limit. After your deductible, you only pay 10%.

**Edit**

Trupanion is a better option after a simple google search

Last edited:
Just got a new dog. She's 2yrs old. I think we should get health insurance for her. Does anyone know of a great insurance carrier here in the U.S.?
ALWAYS get something for your pet. There would be a tragedy if you had to euthanize them because of a accident. Remember Vets treat things like a business and CHOOSE to treat them while hospitals must stabilize you.

Which is honestly pretty screwed up considering a life shouldn't cost $$$ when they can be saved there.

You're better off saving 5 grand as his own emergency fund and anything more than that draw from other saving

Not if you live in a big city. My last dog had to be put down cuz treatment ranged from 15k-30k. get insurance unless you in the top 1%, its so much worse to think you could've done more for them if you had the money or insurance

Thank you. I will compare, The final decision will come down to which one the vet takes.
I dont live in the US nor do I have much knowledge on how that works in the US. But I will still advise to be careful on "depends what the vet takes" as they might and can recommend that you take something that just costs alot.

In other words. The vet shouldnt be your final decision on what insurance to get for your dog. It is you plus family or them that lives with you

There is one insurance provider I remember that pays out only in case of emergency. I didn't go with that one because of ambiguity in the contract. Maybe there are more with better a contract. That should be cheaper than insurance that covers routine medical care and general vet visits.

Back