What do you keep next to your bed?

It's not my bed, it's my dogs, somehow. 🤷‍♂️
And if I'm daycare for the other 1 to 3 (this year, last year maximum of two) of good friends, then it's the bed of up to four dogs. And me, part time, if I remove the hairs beforehand.

Next to it? Selfmade workbench with a lot of different tools, emergency food for special cases (for me, not the dogs), bureaucracy table, seventy-three technical projects, electronic department with tools, health related medication, two dumbbells, water and tea (mostly), honey for the tea, some money, clothes cabinets, the sleeping bags .. ah, too much actually.

Don't need weapons near the bed. Different protection exists.

A bottle of water,my phoneand treats for my dogs and a box of condoms.

I must be the only unarmed American in here. I’ve got a kindle, lube, and a back scratcher. I keep the dildos and butt plugs in the drawer underneath.
Depending on the size, those count as weapon of (m)ass destruction.

As for me, I have a lot next to my bed, as in a desk a bedside table and bookshelf's worth.
Some things I have are art supplies, gamepads, my PC under my desk with one of my monitors on an arm so I can sit in my chair, or laze in bed.

A box of the power and other cables I use the most, an ice-pack cuz it's freaking hot, some tools and whatever else I haven't put away yet.

And a pocketknife, as well a big bapping stick.
Oh, I have some gaming dice next to my lamp as well.

Back