Vets and Suspision

Nature argument.

Vets are there for life and death situations. Let nature run its course unless a life is at stake.

I have never had any problems with the vets I have visited over the years none of their business what we do at home in the basement bedroom I've built just for dog sex.

Same here, I've never had any issues with my vet. The most it was ever talked about was, "by the way, we offer this service... anyway his health is great so come back next year for his annual checkup."
I've generally found that unless you are going out of your way to make a thing of it, most vets are pretty relaxed about it

This is gonna sound real stupid, but I've seen a few stories here of vets catching a zoophile by finding the owner's semen leaking from the dog's vagina. That being said, is there some sort of safe and gentle doggy "bidet" or something that can be used as one that can gently flush any remaining semen out, without posing any sort of risk of internal damage or infection?

This is gonna sound real stupid, but I've seen a few stories here of vets catching a zoophile by finding the owner's semen leaking from the dog's vagina. That being said, is there some sort of safe and gentle doggy "bidet" or something that can be used as one that can gently flush any remaining semen out, without posing any sort of risk of internal damage or infection?

It would be best to refrain from sexual activity for a day or two beforehand. One could douche her, but it is important to understand that a bitch's PH is not the same as a woman's, so douches designed for humans should not be used on a bitch. I think the risk of some of the douche leaking out would draw as much attention and concern as anything else. A little discharge here and there on a bitch is not a big concern, but again, a day or two of abstinence would be my recommendation.

It would be best to refrain from sexual activity for a day or two beforehand. One could douche her, but it is important to understand that a bitch's PH is not the same as a woman's, so douches designed for humans should not be used on a bitch. I think the risk of some of the douche leaking out would draw as much attention and concern as anything else. A little discharge here and there on a bitch is not a big concern, but again, a day or two of abstinence would be my recommendation.
Right, that's why I was thinking of a water-based solution as not to mess with the pH. What if it's in an urgent-but-not-quite-emergency situation?

Right, that's why I was thinking of a water-based solution as not to mess with the pH. What if it's in an urgent-but-not-quite-emergency situation?

I'm not a vet, so take this for what it's worth. which is exactly what you paid for it, nothing... Water has a ph value as well. An emergency rinse probably would not cause any harm, but you'd risk her leaking water which might draw more attention than if you did nothing at all.

Perhaps someone here with more relevant professional experience will comment.

I'm not a vet, so take this for what it's worth. which is exactly what you paid for it, nothing... Water has a ph value as well. An emergency rinse probably would not cause any harm, but you'd risk her leaking water which might draw more attention than if you did nothing at all.

Perhaps someone here with more relevant professional experience will comment.
I'm inclined to agree.

@SultryHellhound I'd say don't do it. A water or salt saline solution douche would need to be sterile as to not introduce any weird bacteria so I guess you could boil the water and let it cool down to room temp first but if you've got the option I'd say just keep the fireman locked away for a couple days.

Vaginal tissue is not -that- sensitive in terms of bacteria, else even the copulation between dogs would cause infections repetitively.
Even a well-washed male human phallus has still bacteria left on it, it's almost impossible to "sterilize" it wholly for longer than a few minutes.

And sperm doesn't really stay inside the vulva for long. If you take her for a walk 30-60 minutes after copulation, most of it will be flushed out through movements and peeing.

The remains will get separated. The fluid will partly get absorbed through the tissue (like a dry mouth absorbs the water if the body is low on it), the sperm will try to enter the uterus, most human sperm will die after a few hours to a day due to the not human-like pH balance and afterwards get disassembled / disposed of internally.

Not to talk about internal movements which actually shove remains more or less outside by muscle and tissue movements. Else if a female dog (or human) sits, swims or goes through a liquid or just dirty environment, it would enter the mucous membranes which is usually prevented. Self-explaining: the risks to catch infections for a wolf / dog / any canid would else be really high in natural environments outside. As they don't keep "modern human"-hygiene standards.

If you're really cautious about any remains, you can as well buy a small pack on female tampons without scents, gels or comparable (human female products, not for dogs) and leave it in the vulva for 15 - 20 minutes while playing (not sexually - just for body movement) with her in your room (don't go outside with a string dangling from your female dog's vagina).

Any remains would then be absorbed without any noticeable change in pH value of the mucous membrane. The absorbed fluids will get adjusted through the tissue itself (like a inner cheek / mouth side, it's the same tissue concept in a vulva, with small differences). As such after just 2-4 hours all resembles the status before you both had sex.

No vet, just ex-vet studying. As such you shouldn't just believe me. But I specifically didn't write about any risky cleaning procedures. It's merely an overview of what is expected to happen after which time.

Nah, just abstain for at least 3 days before an appointment.

There is no law saying you have to fix your animal.

No matter what thing you say they are gonna strongly recommend it; all you gotta say is no. They don't refuse service for unfixed animals. Some things do, like boarding or like town dog events but that's a different story.

After working with a vet for multiple years, I never once heard a single person there give guff on not spaying or neutering your pet unless there were medical concerns. I do say, however, from working in the field, that the choice is difficult due to the risks on both ends. I've seen several bitches die due to pyometra, and multiple males become incontinent from massive prostate tumors helped along by their testosterone. Aaaaand Ive seen dogs of both sexes go from fit with gorgeous coats to sausage-shaped with never ending cottony shedding from the hormone change after being fixed. Behavioral changes of good and bad varieties on both ends, etc etc.... it's really up to the owner, when they look at the risks and benefits of both choices.

I haven’t had any problems with the vet either nor did they push me to get my girl spayed. They just said if you want to get her fixed to talk to the receptionist.

.. it's really up to the owner, when they look at the risks and benefits of both choices.

Absolutely. It's exactly as you wrote - there can be side effects and high risks due to both ways of deciding. The permanent shedding and weight gaining is quite regularly from my experience with long-furred and Nordic breeds which show heavily linked fur change to heat cycle intervals.

Being cautious and using preventive screening measurements on female dogs by as example palpating the mammary glands for tumors and getting early-on ultrasonic or manual control of expected pyometra build-up inflammations can prevent some of the worse outcomes, but life's unfortunately not without risks..

Fortunately early detected pyometra or tumors don't have to be deadly anymore nowadays. (y)

I love this site....so grateful for it.
I've a question: I'm adopting a puppy girl soon, she's 5 weeks old. I'm concerned about explaining to a vet why I will not want to spay. Any ideas. I know it's a red flag for them. I don't believe in it, ethically.

But what about when she's older? Vets know when something has happened. Can anyone advise me?

Thanks!
Charlie
I know about dogs as the son of a (responsible) breeder and here it goes

you don't need to spay (sterilise) your female dog, it's completely ok not to.
if you do wish to do this YOU HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL SHE IS FULLY GROWN, i'd say best wait at least 2 years. otherwise it harms their development and health, it will weaken their bones and ligaments, it will cause them to be stunted.

in short your vet should even advice you to at least wait and I assume that there are no countries where dogs are required to be sterilised (except perhaps australia and new zealand due to the danger wild dogs pose to their native wildlife)

I love this site....so grateful for it.
I've a question: I'm adopting a puppy girl soon, she's 5 weeks old. I'm concerned about explaining to a vet why I will not want to spay. Any ideas. I know it's a red flag for them. I don't believe in it, ethically.

But what about when she's older? Vets know when something has happened. Can anyone advise me?

Thanks!
Charlie
I’ve never seen a vet get suspicious of not getting a dog fixed they normally will say if you want to get her spayed to make another appointment and that was the last that I heard of it

I once brought my dog in for what turned out to be an ordinary pimple on her vulva. At first the vet wasn't able to find what I was talking about, and had me show it to her. Sure enough, it was not normally visible with my dog standing because of the way her skin folds fall. I shifted her skin folds out of the way to show her the pimple.

After exclaiming, "Ah, I see it now!" The vet seemed to consider the fact that this pimple is not normally visible, and yet somehow I knew about it. She kind of raised her eyebrow at me and asked, "It's not normally visible... does she let you mess with her?"

I didn't freak out, I just gave a normal answer that is pretty close to the truth, "She often rolls on to her back to expose her tummy for pets, and it's easy to see when she does."

That was that, normal visit from that point forward. She lanced it and sent us home with some antibiotic cream.

A question like that from my vet about that part of my partner's body would make my heart skip a beat. Did she ask you like she knew something was going on? She did raise an eyebrow right?
She seemed a little suspicious to me, but I suppose I can't be sure what she meant by "mess with her". Assuming she really was talking bestiality, because the rest of the visit went without any further comment I figure she either believed what I told her or didn't care enough to press the issue.

Now that we're in this topic, is there any care we need to have so it's not easy for a vet to know we're having relations with our pets?

What id do is just say no.. and if asked why ill say because I dont want it, end of story xd no red cheeks its just how it is xp ill only have her spayed if its a question of life and death :)

I once brought my dog in for what turned out to be an ordinary pimple on her vulva. At first the vet wasn't able to find what I was talking about, and had me show it to her. Sure enough, it was not normally visible with my dog standing because of the way her skin folds fall. I shifted her skin folds out of the way to show her the pimple.

After exclaiming, "Ah, I see it now!" The vet seemed to consider the fact that this pimple is not normally visible, and yet somehow I knew about it. She kind of raised her eyebrow at me and asked, "It's not normally visible... does she let you mess with her?"

I didn't freak out, I just gave a normal answer that is pretty close to the truth, "She often rolls on to her back to expose her tummy for pets, and it's easy to see when she does."

That was that, normal visit from that point forward. She lanced it and sent us home with some antibiotic cream.
was the vet lady a good looking female? 1 to 10 how hot was she? Do you think she ever participated in beast sex????

Back