• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Thoughts on giving an animal to a zoo?

Is it a bad idea to give an animal to a zoo?

• Total voters
6 ish months ago I gave an unfixed stray red female husky to a vet tech I met on a telegram group. At the time certain members of said group condemned my actions as reckless. I'm just curious what the general consensus on this is.

Attachments

• 1708758068423.jpg
    1708758068423.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 21
I've thought about this too and am curious to see other's opinions.

I've always wondered what would happen to my animals in the event of my passing. I would like them to continue to be loved and respected the same way I do and the only people I can think would be able to do that for them would be a very close zoo friend.

So the question of giving animals to a zoo for me isn't a simple yes or no, it's heavily dependent on the character of the person receiving the animal and if they can be trusted with him/her. In your case with the stray I can only hope you know him well enough and trust him to look after her. In that case I think it's OK.

If your circumstances are barring you to give a propper condition or care to that aninal...

I say it is not a bad idea IF that is a real zoo and you know him/her well enough to rely on his good criteria dealing with that animal.

A different thing is if that is someone you've only talked a couple of times and you can not be 100% sure about. Then it would be a bad idea.

After all, the alternative is a craiglist, which is not necessarily better that your average zoo friend

If your circumstances are barring you to give a propper condition or care to that aninal...

I say it is not a bad idea IF that is a real zoo and you know him/her well enough to rely on his good criteria dealing with that animal.

A different thing is if that is someone you've only talked a couple of times and you can not be 100% sure about. Then it would be a bad idea.

After all, the alternative is a craiglist, which is not necessarily better that your average zoo friend
The assholes on Craigslist really like deleting my postings sometimes.

The assholes on Craigslist really like deleting my postings sometimes.
Duh.
Here, on a recent animal protection law, you can no longer sell animals unless you are a registered breeders.

As a result, the craiglist style places just took down the whole animal sale / adopt / give sections.

Just figures ?

Duh.
Here, on a recent animal protection law, you can no longer sell animals unless you are a registered breeders.

As a result, the craiglist style places just took down the whole animal sale / adopt / give sections.

Just figures ?
It has been introduced here since 2017. The fucking EU is not normal, it is digging its own grave.
Advertisers avoid this by advertising the dog with an adoptable label, but when they talk on the phone they also tell the price.

It has been introduced here since 2017. The fucking EU is not normal, it is digging its own grave.
Advertisers avoid this by advertising the dog with an adoptable label, but when they talk on the phone they also tell the price.
Indeed. Too many petty laws for everything

Here they ask for a breeder registration number, and the user must be approved first.
I know someone who has been trying to get approved by one of the major sell pages... with no success.

Meanwile, some small pages are opening their own sections.

Back