This just happened

Vladidon

Zooville Settler
So out for our morning walk and as usual we are coming up to the village hall. It has car parking space for around 60 cars as it is opposite the school and gets used as a drop off point. So we are a good 10m from one of the two access points. This one is the wider of the two and is actually over two car widths. I look forward and see a good looking lady in a silver car just broaching the footpath exiting the car park. She looks me in the eye smiles and reverses back to allow us to walk in front of her. As I said we were a good 10m from the driveway and her lane was on the far side. Also I've taught Don to give way to cars, so a "wait please" has him sit and do just that.

I was a little perplexed as if I was the driver of the car I would of just pulled out as there was no traffic. Now I know she is not checking out my paunchy old ass and missing teeth grin. As we got closer she smiled again and waved, I waved back and thanked her. I purposely ignored looking at her as we walked past and I know there were no eyes on me.

This had my mind race a little and I considered the "why" of what just happened.

She was not in a hurry and was just a very polite but spatially challenged individual?

She bred Rottweilers and was impressed by Don?

She was checking him out in his entirety for some other reason?

Maybe she is on this site and recognizes Don?

Has anyone had anything similar happen when out with their dog? I will be timing my walks a little more from now on.

Hey, anything is possible. She may have been checking your boy out, but let’s never forget that there are indeed people out in the wild who are interested in, and want to check out dogs simply because they are interested in them, not for sexual reasons. 😉

As a side note, I wonder this myself sometimes, but everywhere I go with my girl, she’s an absolute superstar, I don’t even rate. She is like Madonna. Out of every person who has been interested in my dog I’ve met out in real life (and there have been MANY), only a handful have me the vibe that they might have zoo tendencies, but I still couldn’t confirm anything, and I’ll be god damned if I’m going to ask some rando about it in the Tractor Supply.

Hey, anything is possible. She may have been checking your boy out, but let’s never forget that there are indeed people out in the wild who are interested in, and want to check out dogs simply because they are interested in them, not for sexual reasons. 😉

As a side note, I wonder this myself sometimes, but everywhere I go with my girl, she’s an absolute superstar, I don’t even rate. She is like Madonna. Out of every person who has been interested in my dog I’ve met out in real life (and there have been MANY), only a handful have me the vibe that they might have zoo tendencies, but I still couldn’t confirm anything, and I’ll be god damned if I’m going to ask some rando about it in the Tractor Supply.
Agreed hence the other reasons I listed. If I see her again on our walk and she again shows an interest, then as a proud papa I shall introduce myself and Don to her. For no other reason than I'm very proud of him and he loves to meet people.

Agreed hence the other reasons I listed. If I see her again on our walk and she again shows an interest, then as a proud papa I shall introduce myself and Don to her. For no other reason than I'm very proud of him and he loves to meet people.
Oh yes, of course, an introduction sounds like a fine idea. Dogs, after all, are fantastic ice breakers. 😀

yes, as always just interpret common decency as something incredibly meaningful, like someone being into animals. probably very likely.
As i said this was an exception to normality. There was enough room and time to have three cars move out of the driveway. As you can see if you read what I wrote I made no assumption for the reason she did this and yes you could be quite right and you can be very wrong. As you weren't actually there it's mighty high ground your commenting from but who knows you could be omnipresent. But as I'm approaching 60 and have always been able to read people well having operated very large bars clubs and retail operations in the past this felt different. Also what does "as always mean" do we know one another or are you just projecting.

Your snarky attitude doesn't change that. Probably best to say nothing if your day has been a bad one.

Last edited:
As i said this was an exception to normality. There was enough room and time to have three cars move out of the driveway. As you can see if you read what I wrote I made no assumption for the reason she did this and yes you could be quite right and you can be very wrong. As you weren't actually there it's mighty high ground your commenting from but who knows you could be omnipresent. But as I'm approaching 60 and have always been able to read people well having operated very large bars clubs and retail operations in the past this felt different. Also what does "as always mean" do we know one another or are you just projecting.

Your snarky attitude doesn't change that. Probably best to say nothing if your day has been a bad one.
Or she's like me: I want *ANY* potential road-hazard, be it a pedestrian, a dog, or another driver out of my line of travel, preferably moving away from me anytime I can arrange for that to happen.

Comes from being taught to drive with a philosophy that was a cross between "Drive like you've got a 30 foot high, flashing neon billboard on top of your car that reads "HIT ME FOR ALL THE BONUS POINTS THERE ARE!" and *ABSOLUTELY EVERYBODY* is TRYING to collect it" and "Drive like everybody else on the road is a complete and total moron with no concept whatsoever of how to drive".

If it was me instead of her behind the wheel, my thoughts would probably have been something like "Oh, great - guy with dog - WTF is he gonna do? Is he gonna wait? Is he gonna start running to cross before I pull out? Is he gonna wait and let me pull out? And if he does, is the dog gonna go "SQUIRREL!!!!" and leap out in front of me (possibly pulling the guy with him) just as I step on the gas? Is he... <imagine any scenario you like that could end up with the driver hitting you>" and unless you were what I judge (based on the situation at that instant) to be "too far away to be trouble" (today, that might mean 10 feet, tomorrow, maybe it'll be 50 feet, the day after that, the distance might be half a block or further - it all depends...) I'd be waiting for you to get your ass out of the danger zone before I did anything.

Or she's like me: I want *ANY* potential road-hazard, be it a pedestrian, a dog, or another driver out of my line of travel, preferably moving away from me anytime I can arrange for that to happen.

Comes from being taught to drive with a philosophy that was a cross between "Drive like you've got a 30 foot high, flashing neon billboard on top of your car that reads "HIT ME FOR ALL THE BONUS POINTS THERE ARE!" and *ABSOLUTELY EVERYBODY* is TRYING to collect it" and "Drive like everybody else on the road is a complete and total moron with no concept whatsoever of how to drive".

If it was me instead of her behind the wheel, my thoughts would probably have been something like "Oh, great - guy with dog - WTF is he gonna do? Is he gonna wait? Is he gonna start running to cross before I pull out? Is he gonna wait and let me pull out? And if he does, is the dog gonna go "SQUIRREL!!!!" and leap out in front of me (possibly pulling the guy with him) just as I step on the gas? Is he... <imagine any scenario you like that could end up with the driver hitting you>" and unless you were what I judge (based on the situation at that instant) to be "too far away to be trouble" (today, that might mean 10 feet, tomorrow, maybe it'll be 50 feet, the day after that, the distance might be half a block or further - it all depends...) I'd be waiting for you to get your ass out of the danger zone before I did anything.
Is it strange for me that the last seconds of this entry reminded me of that Kenny Loggins shit? I guess I hit the sneak-a-toke a bit too early this eve. Ah, well.

Ah the pack rat appears. You should save your imagination (and time) to more profitable ventures. I bet you worry so much about what's behind you when driving that you that your late everywhere you go, apart from the previously mentioned premature ejaculation clinic, when your early. Please again try following the thread. As I stated It would of been easy for three cars to exit the driveway before I got to it. Also her car was ON the footpath with plenty of room for me to go around so why reverse? Whatever, it was just a light hearted thread and yet again the ZV Yeti's start leaping and bounding while grunting in unison. In fact I get great joy in riling you over something so silly. Yet another omnipresent individual here folks. @UR20Z knows more about what you see than you do. As I've said before kid, your schtick is repetitive and boring. Go play in the street with your song and dance routine. Give me a shout when you post something original.

Current score. @validon 2 @UR20Z pas de points

Ah the pack rat appears. You should save your imagination (and time) to more profitable ventures. I bet you worry so much about what's behind you when driving that you that your late everywhere you go, apart from the previously mentioned premature ejaculation clinic, when your early. Please again try following the thread. As I stated It would of been easy for three cars to exit the driveway before I got to it. Also her car was ON the footpath with plenty of room for me to go around so why reverse? Whatever, it was just a light hearted thread and yet again the ZV Yeti's start leaping and bounding while grunting in unison. In fact I get great joy in riling you over something so silly. Yet another omnipresent individual here folks. @UR20Z knows more about what you see than you do. As I've said before kid, your schtick is repetitive and boring. Go play in the street with your song and dance routine. Give me a shout when you post something original.

Current score. @validon 2 @UR20Z pas de points
You really need to learn how to read for the meaning, rather than relying on your imagination, kid...

You think you've scored something? Wow... I'm impressed - I wasn't aware there was anything going on that involved a score, but... <shrug>
Here's your participation trophy... Add it to the rest of your collection.

Dogs are lady magnets ... As in, they just want to know the breed, how old they are, a pat and some friendly banter about the ins and outs of the breed. Nothing sexual or crazy like us zoos... Lol

You really need to learn how to read for the meaning, rather than relying on your imagination, kid...

You think you've scored something? Wow... I'm impressed - I wasn't aware there was anything going on that involved a score, but... <shrug>
Here's your participation trophy... Add it to the rest of your collection.
LOL's here's your new PFP 3/0

dog-with-a-bone-vector-824026.jpg

Back