They do it on purpose!...

NickyNett

Tourist
What is something your animals do just to mess with you?

It doesn't matter what time I have my alarm set for, my dogs ALWAYS wake me up an hour early to go outside. I can change my alarm, even set it for PM on days I didn't have anything to do. Every time exactly 1hr before my alarm goes off they all pile in and won't leave me alone till I get up and let them out. They do it on purpose!!!

The last time my girl had to take antibiotics, I noticed she started avoiding them when I hid them in her food. I think, "That's ok, I'll just give it to her inside special treats." So I cover the pills in Peanut Butter and give them to her that way. Works for two days, then she starts licking/sucking the PB off the pills and spitting them back out.

So I think, maybe I just need a better treat? I start cooking chicken tenderloins and hiding the pills inside nice big chunks of chicken. Works for two days, then she starts carefully picking apart the chicken so that she can eat the treat without having to swallow the pills.

The last time my girl had to take antibiotics, I noticed she started avoiding them when I hid them in her food. I think, "That's ok, I'll just give it to her inside special treats." So I cover the pills in Peanut Butter and give them to her that way. Works for two days, then she starts licking/sucking the PB off the pills and spitting them back out.

So I think, maybe I just need a better treat? I start cooking chicken tenderloins and hiding the pills inside nice big chunks of chicken. Works for two days, then she starts carefully picking apart the chicken so that she can eat the treat without having to swallow the pills.
Sounds to me like you need to mash them up of find a liquid alternative. Animals will do this they have very sensitive sniffers. My parents had to do with with some of the pets they have had in the past as have some friends of mine.

Once in a while we'll play hide-and-seek. I'll hide and yell "Ready!" and he'll come look for me. When it's his turn he'll hide then let out a loud guttural woof. He gets the hiding part as a concept, just not fully aware that a 170lb newfoundland can't hide behind a plant very well :)

He does other things that are actually quite cool. If I've been curled up on the sofa with a book (or netflix), I always kick my shoes off and sometimes I forget to take them up with me when I go to bed. If I do that, he'll wander downstairs and bring them up for me in the middle of the night and drop them in the floor near my tall mirror.
Thats just so adorable.

Ha ha you're lucky. Whenever I leave the first thing my dog does is go around the house peeing on everything because it's his now

My girl likes to climb up into my lap and put her whole body on my neck/shoulders. Also likes to sit on my head or nip at the back of my head if I’m laying down

Back