The house feels so empty

dartel

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
8 hours since my boy's been gone, and the place feels so empty. I'm still looking to see where he is an how he's doing. Looked towards where he lays before I looked towards the door when Amazon knocked. No taking him out this afternoon. No more filling/checking his food and water bowls. Crying every time I think about him.

This is the first time in 28 years I haven't had an animal in the house.

8 hours since my boy's been gone, and the place feels so empty. I'm still looking to see where he is an how he's doing. Looked towards where he lays before I looked towards the door when Amazon knocked. No taking him out this afternoon. No more filling/checking his food and water bowls. Crying every time I think about him.

I am so sorry bud.

So sorry to hear about this. I am with you, and understand your pain.

No one to say good night to. No one to wake up to. Gone is the structure of daily routine he brought.

I sometimes forget they're gone in that first instance. "Oh why aren't they at the door, oh yeah..." it's weird my brain does this. It never gets easy dealing with that loss.

I am sorry to hear that. The life of a zoo is very cruel many times.

Im so sorry to hear this.
I know this feeling all too well. I lost my first boy back in 2016 and I still think about him all the time. At first it hurt but now every time I think of him it's because I see something, someone or a dog with some kinda similar characteristic and it makes me smile.
It gets easier with time I guess.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Aww that sucks, always bites when those special someones in our life pass. You have my sympathises and condolences. *You get supportive hugs from this guy* Would gladly find you a new friend to fill the void. I can not stand to see folks lonely and unhappy.

How did it happened?
Cancer.

I'm so sorry dude, I can't imagine what you're going through right now. But lean on family and friends if you need and remember him for the goods times, he lived a fully and happy life.

I lost my previous girl to cancer of the mouth. Her passing was the first time I'd simply lost control and broke down crying in a long time. My heart is breaking for you, remembering what that pain feels like.

I know the feeling. Noone can say anything that will ease your pain, or fill that gaping hole in your soul. Some say time heals all wounds well dont wana be the party pooper but i lost my last boy 5 y ago and it still hurts. I light a candle for your boy where ever he is i believe he is waiting for u just like my boy.

❤️

Oh my gosh, I am super sorry for this, friend; unfortunately, very many of us know the terrible heartsick pain and emptiness that a passing like this causes. And while shorter lifespans mean inevitable periods of grief, we all open our hearts to these little furry friends that we love so much (and love us in return).

You'll never not miss you very special boy, but - if I might encourage you - when you're ready (and I hope it's soon), consider bringing another dog into your house, and letting that energy back into your life. It's not the dog who has passed, and doesn't replace them, but does help heal many wounds, and gives your heart a place to rest as it carries the burden of loss.

Cancer.
I’m so sorry!
I lost three of my boys in 10 months! Two to cancer and one to a neck injury that left him paralyzed. it was one of the worst times of my life. I’m not sure what your belief is but I think their spirit is around us and if you open up to possibility, you will see and feel him!

Back