• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Sex toy SAFETY!

jackalz

Tourist
hello hello folks! I have noticed some posts with sex toys that may not be body safe so I wanted to make a little PSA for all y’all to keep yourself and potential partners safe and healthy!

THE DO’S:
-PLATINUM CURE SILICONE is the GOLD STANDARD of sex toy safety! this is ABSOLUTELY what I recommend, however it’s also pricey. TPE and other silicones are acceptable but should not be allowed to make physical contact with platinum cure silicone toys as the chemical composition of different silicones can damage each other.
-glass or metal! these are also antibacterial and easy to clean, though they too can carry a hefty price tag!
-sanitize your toys! platinum cure, glass, and metal can all be boiled. Many companies sell toy cleaner, but you can simply use hot water and plain soap!

DON’T:
-JELLY TOYS!!! Holy crap do not use those nasty crystal jelly toys, they absolutely soak up bacteria like nothing else.
-Amazon / aliexpress/ temu. Oh my god don’t do buy your sex toys from these sites (or Spencer’s!!)
-do NOT use silicone based lube if you’re using a silicone toy, it will degrade the toy!
-if a toy has been used anally, DO NOT use it vaginally until it has been cleaned or had a fresh condom put on it!
-do not use toys with glitter or other things inside them unless you know it is platinum cure silicone. silicone only binds to itself and it is a very specific process to do right. any other materials can create micro tears that harbor bacteria or pull right out of the toy! you can take that risk yourself if you’re willing (especially with something small like glitter that has a lower chance of tearing) but please do not use these toys on a partner unless they can be informed of and consent to this risk as well.

So, what are some good companies for toys that might be zoo-specific?
-you probably all know Bad Dragon already
-WereDog
-ElypseArt (specializing in inflatable knots)
-Primal Hardwere (inflatable knots & more, but more fantasy / werewolf themed)
-Exotic Erotics (fantasy and life cast animal toys)

and for some companies that go more fantasy and less realistic animal, though they often have animal themed toys as well (be aware that many of these companies expressly discourage patronage from zoos. while their toys are body safe and high quality, it is up to YOU as to whether or not that affects your decision to buy from them, and I am not making a statement on that matter, this list is EXCLUSIVELY to point out BODY SAFE toys):
-XenoCat Artifacts
-Strange Bedfellas
-The Wandering Bard
-Pleasure Forge
-Paladin Pleasures
-Creature Feature Toys
-Twilight Meadow Creations
-Bat Bites Art
-Fantasy Grove
-The Wicked Hunt
-Lycantasy
….and many more, but that’s a decent start!

Feel free to ask me any questions you have :D safe sexual health and sex toys are a big passion of mine!

Back