Settling down

I think it is great you have the confidence and dedication to settle with a gorgeous stallion. I would love to see how the relationship would develop! All the luck to you!

Wishing you a good luck :) Just be safe and happy :) Planning to move away from people too, although with a dog :)

Does your friend know about... how much you love horses? If yes, congrats!

Last edited:
Do you the space, material and resources to keep horses in a comfortable and healthy environment? Also, will you have time to properly care for the horses? Horses aren't cheap and require a good amount of daily attention for feeding, hygiene and health. If you and your friend don't have time to do all the chores yourself and have to hire someone, will you be able to keep your relationship a secret from them? I hope you can do this but there definitely things to consider before moving forward. Good luck!

Do you the space, material and resources to keep horses in a comfortable and healthy environment? Also, will you have time to properly care for the horses? Horses aren't cheap and require a good amount of daily attention for feeding, hygiene and health. If you and your friend don't have time to do all the chores yourself and have to hire someone, will you be able to keep your relationship a secret from them? I hope you can do this but there definitely things to consider before moving forward. Good luck!
Thanks for taking the time to post this considered reply. My friend has looked after horses before but it will be new for me. We're going to share the costs somewhat and work on fairly well paid jobs (though I'm expecting this will take most of my money!). Will be looking buy somewhere fairly remote with enough space to do this all. It's a little daunting but I think the prospect of the relationship is worth it! Thanks

They do and they're going to help look after the horses, plus ride the stallions which I don't think I should do.
Sounds like a good bumber sticker, "I don't ride ponies, they ride me" lol

But seriously goodluck and wish you well in your endeavors! Sounds like a nice dream cum true for you! ;)

It’s a really big commitment. Make sure you are ready for it! I am sure it would be rewarding too. I have zero experience with horses, but I can imagine it is an investment of a lot of time and money for it.

Like it’s been said above, if you can handle it...good luck and tell us how it goes!

It’s a really big commitment. Make sure you are ready for it! I am sure it would be rewarding too. I have zero experience with horses, but I can imagine it is an investment of a lot of time and money for it.

Like it’s been said above, if you can handle it...good luck and tell us how it goes!
Do you want any horse experience?

OMG no. I think it is great for the people that are into it and I certainly think they are beautiful and majestic...I can just barely handle my Shepard...and not just sexually but overall. Vet bills, food ( I have him on the raw diet) keeping him healthy and happy and clean...and excercise.

when I say commitment I mean all aspects. I love my pup and I love to cater to him. I could not handle all the work and time that a horse would take

OMG no. I think it is great for the people that are into it and I certainly think they are beautiful and majestic...I can just barely handle my Shepard...and not just sexually but overall. Vet bills, food ( I have him on the raw diet) keeping him healthy and happy and clean...and excercise.

when I say commitment I mean all aspects. I love my pup and I love to cater to him. I could not handle all the work and time that a horse would take
You're absolutely right about the commitment thing.
As far as being able to "handle it," I'd love to see you at least try or even play around with that flare!

You're absolutely right about the commitment thing.
As far as being able to "handle it," I'd love to see you at least try or even play around with that flare!
Haha...I am sure.

i am more of a zoo than a beastie so I need a connection. I got my Shepard as a pup so every day he forged a connection with me. The sexual aspect happened almost organically as he got older. I am not sure how I would be able to experience that with a non dog species...

Haha...I am sure.

i am more of a zoo than a beastie so I need a connection. I got my Shepard as a pup so every day he forged a connection with me. The sexual aspect happened almost organically as he got older. I am not sure how I would be able to experience that with a non dog species...
Yes, I'm sure it'd be a little tougher, but it doesn't mean a guy can't dream!

Haha...I am sure.

If you spent time with the stallion several days a week grooming him, etc... the sexual aspect would evolve organically just as you experienced. They do cost a lot though. I have 3 horses (no sexual involvement with them), and I do most everything myself to keep cost down. It is a lot. One needs shoes put on by a skilled farrier now, and I just barefoot trim. So, costs just went up.

If you spent time with the stallion several days a week grooming him, etc... the sexual aspect would evolve organically just as you experienced. They do cost a lot though. I have 3 horses (no sexual involvement with them), and I do most everything myself to keep cost down. It is a lot. One needs shoes put on by a skilled farrier now, and I just barefoot trim. So, costs just went up.
You are probably right. I was just thinking about my Shepard and because he is my dog and I live alone with him, we are inseparable and of course that has contributed to our connection.

if I spent that amount of time with a horse or whatever species...I could see developing a bond there too.

I can imagine with 3 horses that is a large investment if time, energy and money. I think it is great you are so dedicated to devote that emotion and energy into them.

As a farmer I can say that keeping horses is very expensive. As the proverb says: one cannot inherit from someone who has horses.
Horses are not as strong as many people think: they need constant care. The upkeep of horses also means that you give a vet a good living.
Keeping horses in a good, caring way means also that you are busy with them every day. It creates a intimate bond with the animals. And horses are grateful animals.
I wish you success.

Thanks for taking the time to post this considered reply. My friend has looked after horses before but it will be new for me. We're going to share the costs somewhat and work on fairly well paid jobs (though I'm expecting this will take most of my money!). Will be looking buy somewhere fairly remote with enough space to do this all. It's a little daunting but I think the prospect of the relationship is worth it! Thanks
Most people seem to settle in life instead of making true happiness happen. Im very happy for you and your pursuit. Wish you the best, it takes guts

I'm giving very serious thought to settling down with a stallion or two. I'm not alone in this and doing with a friend who also has a love of horses (though not for the same reasons I do 😁)

Any thoughts/warnings/suggestions before I get going? Thanks
Is your friend good with your relationship with the horses
that would be my first consideration, no need to have that worry in life
with such an investment.

I grew up around livestock and it takes a lot resources and commitment to care for them. I grew up being around non-wild and wild horses training them to rideable and roping for rodeo or ranch. My suggestion is that you have to feed and water and groom the horse every day to where the horse will be very comfortable being with you and your touch.

Back