Service dog?

Estafantom

Citizen of Zooville
I never heard on this forum if any of you have a task trained service dog as a partner? (not a simple emotional support dog)

I never heard on this forum if any of you have a task trained service dog as a partner? (not a simple emotional support dog)

I've met a few that were actual service dogs for zoos who were active with their partners and a couple that were claimed/supposed to be service dogs (though I have my doubts).
I think it's fairly uncommon to have intact dogs as service animals as the hormones can make things a tad more difficult in general, but there's no reason it can't be done if one is willing to put in the extra work.

That actually sounds really sweet. Not only is it a hard working service animal helping you live life to the fullest but it also meets your sexual needs as well and in doing so recieves it's own reward. Maybe it's not so much a personal relationship like you might have with a pet/lover but it's a beneficial physical relationship

That actually sounds really sweet. Not only is it a hard working service animal helping you live life to the fullest but it also meets your sexual needs as well and in doing so recieves it's own reward. Maybe it's not so much a personal relationship like you might have with a pet/lover but it's a beneficial physical relationship
Don't forget that it would fulfill the dog sexual needs as well!

I've met a few that were actual service dogs for zoos who were active with their partners and a couple that were claimed/supposed to be service dogs (though I have my doubts).
I think it's fairly uncommon to have intact dogs as service animals as the hormones can make things a tad more difficult in general, but there's no reason it can't be done if one is willing to put in the extra work.
I'm in need of a service dog and in the SD community it's not uncommon at all if you need one for mobility support like I do. Neutering them early ruins their bone growth, which they'll need to be a good worker. Most working dog breeders understand the risks of neutering as well (increases risk of cancers, hypothyroidism, obesity, etc), so if you tell them you'll skip it and just get a vasectomy (zero health drawbacks) they’ll be good.

My SD will also serve as my personal sports dog/lover lol 😆 no reason he can't do it all!

Last edited:
I'm in need of a service dog and in the SD community it's not uncommon at all if you need one for mobility support like I do. Neutering them early ruins their bone growth, which they'll need to be a good worker. Most working dog breeders understand the risks of neutering as well (increases risk of cancers, hypothyroidism, obesity, etc), so if you tell them you'll skip it and just get a vasectomy (zero health drawbacks) they’ll be good.

My SD will also serve as my personal sports dog/lover lol 😆 no reason he can't do it all!
That's awesome !!

I know a few. However, they are less open about it because the risk is too high to lose their dogs (aka their lifeline) and I get that.

Back