Reminded of Fellow Zoo Who Appeared on "Springer"

Bigpaws_Bear

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
While watching the evening news tonight, they were covering the life/death of Jerry Springer. During this segment they mentioned the Episode "the man who married his horse". I happened to have known that Gentleman. His Internet ID was known to some as "Hoss Topper" I simply knew Him as "George" (Last name omitted). then I thought about how long it's been since he passed away. its been just over a decade now.

it brought a sad smile regardless.

Pretty bad episode though. The zoos there had no chance.

I was wondering when the death of Gerald "Jerry" Springer would make its way onto the forum. It's been awhile since I've watched the "I married a horse" episode, which I think is/was on YouTube. I might go back and see if I can find it again, I do remember it was pretty brutal though.

Springer played most things for laughs and shockvalue....he wasnt even unique....but it kept the smaller networks from getting too complacent....so he served a purpose. No, he didnt do a lot for the zoo world, or a lot of any other worlds.....but he didnt make worse either.
Bayete, Mr Springer

Hossie held his own on that show...really. It was also pretty sedate for a Springer show. You gotta remember, most episodes broke out into mayhem and fights at that time. That had to be one of the few episodes where the bouncers had nothing to do...
I'm pretty sure he died before 2000....it was a LONG time ago.

I was wondering when the death of Gerald "Jerry" Springer would make its way onto the forum. It's been awhile since I've watched the "I married a horse" episode, which I think is/was on YouTube. I might go back and see if I can find it again, I do remember it was pretty brutal though.
It is in the thread I linked. 5th video.

Last edited:
Back