Pregnant?

Hebevi

Tourist
Hey guys just checking in.

I'm pretty confident my girl was in great early January; though I've long since given up the likelihood of doing anything with her, I have recently rescued a 4yo malamute, in the middle of that time in feeling she was in heat.

They get along very well, and he was definitely interested in doing the deed but I never actually saw them tied, so not sure if it happened.

The last few days, only about 40 days on, I've noticed he is once again VERY interested in trying to get it in.

My main query is; if they were successful, and she is pregnant and due to deliver soon, does she give off the same smell to interest the male again, or is he just a horny stud haha.

She has been eating quite well of late, slightly better than normal but still seems to maintain her kind of normal, over excited energy levels you'd expect from a shepsky rescue. Nothing indicating she may be preparing for puppies except for eating a little better, though this may be more related to the big boy wanting to eat her food if she doesn't.

if she hasn’t shown any signs of being pregnant: hoarding toys and objects, hiding food, peeing frequently, obvious weigh gain, chances are she’s not pregnant. You would know for sure by now.
The humping most likely isn’t necessarily sexual. My male Malamute humps my female all the time. Playful humping, dominance humping...or he could be horny too.

Back