Poll: How long before idle chatters should be kicked?

How long should Idlers be tolerated in 'The Barn'?

• Unlimited

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • 6 Months

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • 31 Days (current)

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • 14 Days

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • 7 Days

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • other (you know the drill, please post below!)

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Equilibrian

Lurker
Well hello there, fellow zoos!

Regarding our lovely little chat // mainly the #main room aka 'The Barn' I'm curious about what you, the chatters, think.
How long should an Account be allowed to be idle / offline, before it gets removed from the barn?

Consider pros and cons, e.g. how long can you catch up whats been happening in the chat when you've been on vacation or your device was broken, how long should it be possible for offline people to reconstruct chat?

Currently we're kicking people who have been offline for 31 days or longer!

Thanks for participating and have a zooey day!

Imho, 2 month should be more than enough, though I don't mind the 31 day rule either.

Thanks for your input, its not a ban or an account deletion, its just a removal of idle people in the barn. Everyone can rejoin when they decide to come back! (if they remember their credentials that is)

Regarding drsawbones' post: this poll is regarding to the barn only. if you got kicked out of a community, group, or another room in some kind it's something different :)

A month or less is fine to keep the chat uncluttered. A week with 24 hour scrollback would be more secure but a bit unaccommodating to people with busy lives.

10 minutes, no scrollback, no logs, no nothing but the stuff people typed from when you logged in on. No autolog-in, no logging back in after you got idle-kicked for 24h. Be afk, then prepare by logging out, can't be so hard. For the types who leave their laptop running with the chat open to "answer the door".

Did I forget something?

Back