• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Picture/Clip Post Magazine

M'learned friend, who is not here right now, says cheetahs can't retract their claws, and they usually hunt alone, unless they are teaching their young. Apparently, the father, unsurprisingly (!) can't usually be trusted around other young males as he sees them as a threat. We love watching things like Big Cat Diary, on the BBC, she has a thing for cats, particularly leopards, but she loves cheetahs. They favour young zebras, rather than full-size powerful, Savannah horses!
I thought they hunted as pairs but I've been wrong before....But theyd have to take very young Zebras....even half grown, theyd outweigh the cheetah by a good bit.

Oh. ..Got a goodie for you, Rachel... A New Britain Goshawk....Thought to be extinct for the last 50 years or so, because no one has knowingly seen one, but additionally, this photo is the first time it has ever been photographed. The Photog was wandering around Papua, NG, and saw motion...so took his shot just as the bird turned enough to show his field marks.New Britain Goshawk photo Tom Vierus .jpg

Oh. ..Got a goodie for you, Rachel... A New Britain Goshawk....Thought to be extinct for the last 50 years or so, because no one has knowingly seen one, but additionally, this photo is the first time it has ever been photographed. The Photog was wandering around Papua, NG, and saw motion...so took his shot just as the bird turned enough to show his field marks.View attachment 610717
Honey, I am, by no means a "birder", but I am educating myself! He does look rather lovely though. It's not really all that surprising, so much of our world is relatively unexplored and the biodiversity unstudied to any great degree. A very lucky photographer!

Back