• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Picture/Clip Post Magazine

This Seven-up Float was a summer treat, lemon-lime Soda and what I'View attachment 595004d guess is lime sherbet....but whatever flavors were available could be had. The above mentioned Green's sold these for a quarter in 1959, big money for a six year old. But my older brother was 12 or 13, and a local lothario. One or two of his little girlfriends babysat for us for pocket money and we adored them. Around 1960, Rosie, one of his chickies worked in Green's cafe and fountain. They had a deal with balloons. Pick one, pop it and pay the price on the stick....but they COULD be more than the normal price. If My little bro and I went in there, Rosie would ask how much we had to spend
( very soto voce)....and would pick us each a balloon we could afford.....💋...Rosemarie, if you are still out there.....I Love You.

And you guys wonder why this Cowhand ADORES Women?
Love the ad and your backstories, SB. Thanks!

Is this a "Pest House"? I have seen one, not this big, in a churchyard in England. It was where anyone infected with plague or any other ailment, were locked up, until the were either cured , or more likely, died. And, recently, people whined about wearing a mask!
Looks like one, and yes.....the world is become a place for sissies.

The reality of those plagues seems to have built some resistance into our DNA over time, but considering the costs, it's horrendous to think about ....so the sissies never learn because they cannot be bothered with a thought like that

That is a whole lot of car, I think.
yepper.....In those days the Legendary Red Ram Hemi could be had in small block V8s all the way up to the largest V8s Chrysler offered.....one of the Detroit boys discovered that about 4 sets of Hemi Heads covered all the bases.And the expression was, "They ran like a striped-ass Ape." Milage was never great, but it was better than youd think.

Back