• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Picture/Clip Post Magazine

The town I grew up in and the drugstore/ Bus Station that never asked what the big kid in the corner was reading or buying. Not sure what the Brick building was, but the Store south of Sears was originally built as Genung's, a ritzy Department Store. Beyond is Green's a five and dime....remember that as it has a bearing on the next photo
FB_IMG_1723963397336.jpg

This Seven-up Float was a summer treat, lemon-lime Soda and what I'FB_IMG_1723969680647.jpgd guess is lime sherbet....but whatever flavors were available could be had. The above mentioned Green's sold these for a quarter in 1959, big money for a six year old. But my older brother was 12 or 13, and a local lothario. One or two of his little girlfriends babysat for us for pocket money and we adored them. Around 1960, Rosie, one of his chickies worked in Green's cafe and fountain. They had a deal with balloons. Pick one, pop it and pay the price on the stick....but they COULD be more than the normal price. If My little bro and I went in there, Rosie would ask how much we had to spend
( very soto voce)....and would pick us each a balloon we could afford.....💋...Rosemarie, if you are still out there.....I Love You.

And you guys wonder why this Cowhand ADORES Women?

One more Nostalgic Photo.....This operation was at the base of Mill Hill in town. They sold vents for crawls and attic spaces. But we always used to laugh coming down the hill into Wall Street because the sign was obscured just a touch by a light pole. If you put a pencil between you and the pic you'll see the funny.FB_IMG_1724199759002.jpg

The town I grew up in and the drugstore/ Bus Station that never asked what the big kid in the corner was reading or buying. Not sure what the Brick building was, but the Store south of Sears was originally built as Genung's, a ritzy Department Store. Beyond is Green's a five and dime....remember that as it has a bearing on the next photo
View attachment 595003
i miss sears

Back