Online Security

Why Discord is the poorest choice for illegal chat:

And:
Discord records and keeps everything you post. You can see for yourself by filling out a data subject request with them. They will return a packet of data showing your entire chat history etc. I would not trust discord for anything but playing video games and innocent chat.

It does not run through TOR either.

how do i clear my tracks if i havent been using vpn? free vpns out there?
Wipe your local history on your device. Start using a vpn they are cheap. I use Mullvad purchased with crypto. Some also use Tor as another layer. I use mullvad on my pc and phone . Then I use privacy browsers that don’t keep history by design. Firefox Focus on mobile and Librewolf on pc.

Edit : as others said any info your ISP has is out of your control.

Edit : as others said any info your ISP has is out of your control.
I do not know about other countries. But here they are required to hold onto the records for a certain number of years before deleting them.
So for example they will keep your DNS requests for 4 years. DNS is typically not encrypted unless you enabled it.
So if you visit zooville, your ISP will know you looked up this host name. The actual contents of what you did on the website is encrypted by https so that should not be visible to them.

I do not know about other countries. But here they are required to hold onto the records for a certain number of years before deleting them.
So for example they will keep your DNS requests for 4 years. DNS is typically not encrypted unless you enabled it.
So if you visit zooville, your ISP will know you looked up this host name. The actual contents of what you did on the website is encrypted by https so that should not be visible to them.
Yea it’s not enough to nail you outright, but can be used as evidence to target you for an investigation. Worst case is they get a warrant to search your devices though it’s dubious if dns queries would be sufficient alone.

how do i clear my tracks if i havent been using vpn? free vpns out there?

The Internet does not forget.

If you have visited a site without using no anonymity overlay to protect yourself, then your ISP (Internet Service Provider) probably knows you visited the site. The site itself probably collects some personal identifying information when you connect, such as your IP address, username, email address...

Once your information is out there, there is no way to control who gets it or what is done with it, which is the reason why you must make damn sure no information leaks from you in the first place.

Regarding free VPNs, I am not going to recommend any third-party VPN provider because I don't know the market, but you may research the Tor network and Tails if you want to use an anonymity overlay.

Back