• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Old but not dead yet! 51 year old guy in SW Ohio

Tailsworth

Tourist
I realized I was zoo at a very young age, because I grew up in a rural area with our neighbor being a cow pasture for a family owned dairy farm just up the road.
I learned about sex by watching the bulls mount the cows (they believed in natural breeding out in the pasture).
At first I thought I was odd, then some things happened to me that were psychologically damaging (I was taken to "counselling" to "fix" my homosexuality after being caught "experimenting" with the neighbor's son. So for a long time I was more or less asexual and confused about myself, I pretty much forgot about my attraction to animals and people.
Cut to about 1991 when I got my first internet connection... I stumbled into BBS sites (yes, I'm that old) that had zoophile/bestiality content and it sparked my curiosity again. I still wasn't sure if something was wrong with me, I got the impression that this sort of attraction was not acceptable.
I moved around a bit over time, sort of keeping my curiosity in the back of my mind, exploring the content that I could get my hands on.
In around 1993 I started getting on the internet and I continued my search there.
I think it was 1994 or 1995 I stumbled upon a "talker", it was a sort of chat that you had to telnet into, text only. It was called Sleepy's Forest.
I started talking with other zoos and I found out that there was a community of zoos not far away from me (a little over an hour drive), and they had monthly meet and greets where they would get together, chat and break bread together (sharing a meal).
It was nice being in the presence of other zoos and sharing companionship, experiences and thoughts on the zoo lifestyle.
Almost no one knew each other's real name, we used our online names to address each other, but it was still a way to become more comfortable with myself over time.
There were animals on the property, but it was understood that these were the loved mates of the people who lived there and it was not allowed to just do whatever you wanted with them. My situation was such that I wasn't in a position to find my own animal mate at the time.
I'm now 51 years old and my goal is to find the community again and I really just want folks to talk to and exchange information, experience and things like that. I really miss the human connection with other zoos.

I realized I was zoo at a very young age, because I grew up in a rural area with our neighbor being a cow pasture for a family owned dairy farm just up the road.
I learned about sex by watching the bulls mount the cows (they believed in natural breeding out in the pasture).
At first I thought I was odd, then some things happened to me that were psychologically damaging (I was taken to "counselling" to "fix" my homosexuality after being caught "experimenting" with the neighbor's son. So for a long time I was more or less asexual and confused about myself, I pretty much forgot about my attraction to animals and people.
Cut to about 1991 when I got my first internet connection... I stumbled into BBS sites (yes, I'm that old) that had zoophile/bestiality content and it sparked my curiosity again. I still wasn't sure if something was wrong with me, I got the impression that this sort of attraction was not acceptable.
I moved around a bit over time, sort of keeping my curiosity in the back of my mind, exploring the content that I could get my hands on.
In around 1993 I started getting on the internet and I continued my search there.
I think it was 1994 or 1995 I stumbled upon a "talker", it was a sort of chat that you had to telnet into, text only. It was called Sleepy's Forest.
I started talking with other zoos and I found out that there was a community of zoos not far away from me (a little over an hour drive), and they had monthly meet and greets where they would get together, chat and break bread together (sharing a meal).
It was nice being in the presence of other zoos and sharing companionship, experiences and thoughts on the zoo lifestyle.
Almost no one knew each other's real name, we used our online names to address each other, but it was still a way to become more comfortable with myself over time.
There were animals on the property, but it was understood that these were the loved mates of the people who lived there and it was not allowed to just do whatever you wanted with them. My situation was such that I wasn't in a position to find my own animal mate at the time.
I'm now 51 years old and my goal is to find the community again and I really just want folks to talk to and exchange information, experience and things like that. I really miss the human connection with other zoos.
Hey there fellow "Old Timer" Funny, I was just mentioning these old telnet talkers in another post. Those were the day's. So easy to meet others back then. It seems the talkers and IRC died, when everyone flipped over to Facebook. The internet was wild back then, reminded you of the glory days of CB Radio. Now were all connected by our smart phones, but more disconnected from each other than ever.

I appreciate your response. Speaking of CB, I'm currently licensed for Amateur Radio, but it's really a rich folks hobby and I can't afford it, so the next time my license comes up I don't think I'll renew it.
I really just wish we had a live chat type thing, like the Telnet and IRC days. It's harder to connect to folks if there's a big delay between responses. :/

Back