Of the different species you've been around, which would you say smells the best to you?

Oinker

Zooville Settler
I personally have yet to have the privilege to meet a horse in person (and I bet they smell fantastic), but I've been lucky enough to visit a pigsty and be around a bunch of pigs for a while some time ago, and the smell is something I look back to very fondly.

Not sure if it was necessarily because of the smell itself or the circumstances at that time, but if you ask me, it was the best smell I've experienced in my life.

What about you?
What species have you been around, and which one's smell was / is your favorite?

Something about the must of a dog is slightly intoxicating. It also depends on the breed and what they've been into. I knew a retriever once that was particularly pleasant to cuddle with. I'd bury my face into his neck fur all the time cause for what ever reason he smelled a little like garage and the bar but it was only faint which was strangely comforting.

i don't particularly like the smell of a horse, tho that's probably due to "other" related stable smells when i worked around them, i didn't not like the fairly strong smell the crotch area of a stallion gives off tho...

dogs is where it's at for me 100%. i like the smell of wet fur, the very popcorn-like smell dog paws have or just digging in their neck fur with my face and take a good sniff there... shout out to the very specific smell a knot has as well. or an in-heat cookie.

Cats. I despise smells, anything can be offensive to my nose and it’s at random. My cats smell nearly of nothing (well depending on day, what they got into, where they hangout.) but do to consistent grooming (they do that themselves) they smell like nothing. Love my felines. One happens to start randomly smelling like perfume sometimes. It’s strange.

Nothing quite like the scent of a mare. Female equines in general smell absolutely intoxicating to me, especially when in heat. Such a lovely scent!
That's what I keep hearing!
At this point I can't imagine the first time meeting a horse will be anything other than magical. I'm very big on scents, and with how much I like horses I can't imagine disliking it (specially when most people describe it like you have!)

At this point I can't imagine the first time meeting a horse will be anything other than magical. I'm very big on scents, and with how much I like horses I can't imagine disliking it (specially when most people describe it like you have!)
If you enjoy the way horses smell, you will love the scent of a mare in heat. It’s very pleasant in my book, but I love the way horses smell in general.

Nothing quite like the scent of a mare. Female equines in general smell absolutely intoxicating to me, especially when in heat. Such a lovely scent!

I love the smell of horses. I've never been near a mares bits while she was in heat but have smelt the stalls after one in heat urinates. Can't say I am a fan of that smell, little too strong for me lol

Female dogs. It's the best scent both sexually and on weekdays. I love that they smell all over the house, on the carpet and in the bed, on my clothes too. They have a pleasant, soothing, security-giving scent. The best is on their belly, where the rear tits and genitals are. Puppies also look for the protective, safety-giving scent in that area.

My dogs. I mean I prefer horse cum to dog, but the smell in the stables is not entirely pleasant. And the one time I was with a pig, if I did not have a thing for degradation, I'd say it was easily the grossest smell. The taste was not all that great either. He did keep me warm though! lol

I love the smell of horses. I've never been near a mares bits while she was in heat but have smelt the stalls after one in heat urinates. Can't say I am a fan of that smell, little too strong for me lol
Yeah, in heat mare urine can be quite pungent if you’re not used to it, but a mare’s general scent can be very pleasant when she’s in heat. I totally get why it drives stallions mad with lust.

I don't know how'd be where you are, but in many places you can just rent horses for a morning ride.
When I do that, I make sure I arrive too early, then just "kill time" visiting the stalls and petting friendly horses.
If it is the smell you are after, plenty of them :)

-----
Smell is directly connected to the deepest brain core. Comes in with no filtering and will trigger whatever with no conscient stopper.
Naturally, those associated with good memories will smell "good".
For me, anything dog related smells good, goats too. But also horses, even if I have had few contact (maybe it is just they DO smell good 🤣)
Pigs, on the contrary... no, because I've had no contact. But still sure that would change the day I would be with them.

All horses smell wonderful: cats and dogs too. Smell of cows and bulls do nothing for me, and I try to get rid of sheep odour as fast as I can.

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of in heat mare in an enclosed area either, way too strong, out in the pasture is a different story as it's not so overwhelmingly powerful then.

Female dogs for me by far. Despite growing up on a farm and being used to various farm smells I never really developed a like for most of them. I've been with sheep, goats, mares and female dogs. The problem with sheep was the lanolin. I get some people are really into this but it was never for me and I hated how you'd smell of it so strongly until you showered. You can't fuck a sheep and walk away without reeking of lanolin. With mares and goats it was more a general barnyard smell and again it was one I was never into. The female dogs though always just smelled sort of neutral to me. They slept in the house (mostly in my bed for... reasons) and they were kept quite clean since they were regularly shown. They each had a scent for sure but it was always rather sweet to my nostrils and not in any way unpleasant or overpowering.

I personally have yet to have the privilege to meet a horse in person (and I bet they smell fantastic)

You'd be absolutely correct, I love burying my nose into a horses fur and taking a DEEP wiff, gives me a rush of those feel good chemicals. And that's not even to mention a mares lady bits, that's great too!

I can't give an honest answer as the only time I've spent around barn animals were in stables over a decade ago (it smelled as awful as you can imagine) and I've been largely around male dogs (which I have no intention on banging).

Horses by far, especially fresh mare pussy just in front of my tongue. Any and all horse smells even their dropping aren't that bad, don't like wet dogs or doggie do's

Horses by far, especially fresh mare pussy just in front of my tongue. Any and all horse smells even their dropping aren't that bad, don't like wet dogs or doggie do's

Yeah I agree, I don't find horse manure pleasant by any means, but out of the many different animal poops, its definitely the least offensive.

I am a fairly smell oriented zoo.
So far the fur of any of my dogs or cats has always been pleasure to bury my face in.

Back