• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

New puppy!!

thump7545

Tourist
Hey guys just got a new puppy! Not my first dog but my first intact male! But my question is how do you get your dog not to hump people that come over I don't want to punish him for humping but we're around lost of people and other dogs! Feel free to DM me thank you guys !!!

You can only have sex with him with certain triggers present like a particular room or a smell, then you can ignore him when he tries mounting without that trigger present, and tell guests to ignore that behavior too. You can have sex with him before guests stop he doesn't want to mount, and that should become a habit. Stay consistent. If he's particularly stubborn, you can say timeout when he inappropriately mounts and put him in a bathroom away from people for a minute or two and then let him out.

You can only have sex with him with certain triggers present like a particular room or a smell, then you can ignore him when he tries mounting without that trigger present, and tell guests to ignore that behavior too. You can have sex with him before guests stop he doesn't want to mount, and that should become a habit. Stay consistent. If he's particularly stubborn, you can say timeout when he inappropriately mounts and put him in a bathroom away from people for a minute or two and then let him out.
That sounds like good teaching 😊 agree

You have to train him all around. Dogs who have sex are not “untrained” but I’d argue they have to be better trained than others. Train him not to hump people when they walk in, and then teach him that’s it’s ok to do it other times

my answer would be the same as the peeps above said.
in the worst case, for if he is too stubborn then you might need to get that kinda collar with the electric shock. i lt doesn't hurt him really but helps you to teach him when to mount and when not.

I'd never want sexual advances associated with pain. I've never met a dog that timeout doesn't work for or redirecting to a toy or positively rewarding for another incompatible behavior like sitting. Worse case I'd keep him regularly jacked off so he doesn't feel urges too strong for the other methods to work then try to build up from there.

Back