• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

New around town

BearlyRare

Lurker
Reposting my intro from zoocommunity since it included all the info I really felt comfortable sharing so far.

Hi! I'm BearlyRare, though for an actual name I'm gonna be going by Burr (pronounced like "brrr, it's cold!").

I'm a zoofur who's been in denial on and off for a few years now, though I first realized my zooey tendencies when I was really young (think primary school).
Watching animal planet and anime was my entire childhood, so that definitely gave me an outlet and helped shape who I am now, though I probably would have realized I was a zoo anyways at some point. Probably around the time I discovered furry, if not sooner.

Despite going back and forth on whether acting on this attraction was harmful in general, I've never felt conflicted about the attraction itself. People are into what they're into, and there's zero way to change that, so why bother worrying about it? I'm glad to say I've finally fully come around to this being a healthy way to interact with animals, as long as their feelings are taken into account. If both the animals and humans doing it are happy, then it's just normal intimacy, no weird power-play involved.

I've had dogs and cats around the house my entire life, as well as the occasional rodent, but I've never had a non-human partner, romantic or otherwise. And I probably won't for a long while. Every animal that's been kept in my home till this point I've seen as family instead of a potential partner, and I'm not exactly interested in getting it on with a stranger's partner or a stray, sooo yeah. I'm sure eventually I'll find my non-human soulmate and find what works best for us, but I'm a pretty blank slate for now.

Hoping to chat with some like-minded folks and just soak in the feeling of not being alone in this.

Welcome to the group. You’ll find a diverse and welcoming crowd here. I consider myself both a zoo and a furry

Back