Never been in a relationship interested in zoo

So, as the title says, I've never really been in a relationship before (yes, both romantically and sexually) and have been interested in zoo for a while.

I would like to have an experience with an animal, however, I find it a bit unnerving to go around asking to be with another person's animal. I have also been thinking of getting a dog; this was a choice I made for protection's sake, but my lack of experience with sex in general makes me hesitant to even try anything. There's a chance I don't like it which might confuse the dog.

I should also mention that I am Asexual which is why I bring all this up.

Hi and thank you for sharing this about yourself. I am sure you are going to receive all manner of advice and I suppose I will be the first, take it with a grain of salt :) I would say that you should get a dog for companionship. They really do help to make things less lonely and caring for something else is good for you. I would not suggest that you immediately seek a sexual relationship with any dog you adopt and that you just let things develop naturally over time. If he (assuming you get a male dog) shows interest in you sexually, then you can both explore this together - slowly and comfortably. The focus should be on the companionship above all else; the rest will just come if it is meant to.

It is pretty much the same for human relationships. Make friends with people and let things develop as they will. If romance blossoms, great!

Good luck and I wish you well in your journey!

Last edited:
Hi and thank you for sharing this about yourself. I am sure you are going to receive all manner of advice and I suppose I will be the first, take it with a grain of salt :) I would say that you should get a dog for companionship. They really do help to make things less lonely and caring for something else is good for you. I would not suggest that you immediately seek a sexual relationship with any dog you adopt and that you just let things develop naturally over time. If he (assuming you get a male dog) show interest in you sexually, then you can both explore this together - slowly and comfortably. The focus should be on the companionship above all else; the rest will just come if it is meant to.

It is pretty much the same for human relationships. Make friends with people and let things develop as they will. If romance blossoms, great!

Good luck and I wish you well in your journey!
Thank you for the advice, I will keep it in mind!

So, as the title says, I've never really been in a relationship before (yes, both romantically and sexually) and have been interested in zoo for a while.

I would like to have an experience with an animal, however, I find it a bit unnerving to go around asking to be with another person's animal. I have also been thinking of getting a dog; this was a choice I made for protection's sake, but my lack of experience with sex in general makes me hesitant to even try anything. There's a chance I don't like it which might confuse the dog.

I should also mention that I am Asexual which is why I bring all this up.
most of the time people who are not sure they would like sex comes because lack of exprience - usually people when exprience sex like it alot and become more sexual driven

Just as you worry you may not enjoy sex with dogs, it's also possible any given dog may not be interested in sex with humans. So in taking on the responsibility of raising a dog, you must be certain you can love them and care for them even if nothing sexual ever happens.

Back