NEED NEW MALE DOG OWNER TIPS

Hey folks !

I’m so excited to tell you I’m finally getting a male golden retriever ! NOT neutered !

I’m excited to start a new chapter that I always wanted.

Do any of you folks have any tips or suggestions on how to start introducing him to playful times with me ;)?

Any other grooming or tips on taking caring of this beast would be great !

first you should play a lot with him (like fetch, running around) and get to know him better :') the better he knows you the better your relationship is going to be

treat him like a king and show all your love to him :) he will get more comfortable after a while and show all his love back to you <3

Any attempts at sex should wait until he is sexually mature and interested in sex himself. This includes licking your genitals and such.
Find the age of sexual maturity for the breed on google. It will be likely 8months or more.

What pes said here. You’ve gotta wait he is of age, he will not respond to your advances (nor should there be any) until he is at the age where he understands why and enjoys you touching his cock.

None of that should be happening until later. And even then never forced. You should learn to keep him healthy, happy, socialized, and obedience trained and just be a companion before anything else.

Just my 2 cents.

Developing a bond and healthy relationship should of course come first. One thing I can add is you can get him used to being touched in playful ways. I've had my boy for about 5 months now (he's almost 8mo) and one thing I've started doing is when I'm playing with him and he's on his back is to extend belly rubs down lower. Having your just hand brushing over his private areas (nothing sexual) and giving praise to let him know that hey it's ok to be touched around there.

Developing a bond and healthy relationship should of course come first. One thing I can add is you can get him used to being touched in playful ways. I've had my boy for about 5 months now (he's almost 8mo) and one thing I've started doing is when I'm playing with him and he's on his back is to extend belly rubs down lower. Having your just hand brushing over his private areas (nothing sexual) and giving praise to let him know that hey it's ok to be touched around there.
This is pretty good advice. It is definitely helpful to acclimate a pup to being touched in a variety of places early on, but that doesn’t mean it should be sexual touching.

For example, I wash my girls bits in the bath, particularly if she’s been into things which have made her a mess. Her being accustomed to me touching her down there makes it that much easier for me to wash her thoroughly without her being super weirded out trying to figure out why I’m handling her vulva.

This is pretty good advice. It is definitely helpful to acclimate a pup to being touched in a variety of places early on, but that doesn’t mean it should be sexual touching.

For example, I wash my girls bits in the bath, particularly if she’s been into things which have made her a mess. Her being accustomed to me touching her down there makes it that much easier for me to wash her thoroughly without her being super weirded out trying to figure out why I’m handling her vulva.

I do the same when I give dog baths. I also maybe once a week or two to look over and check the dogs skin and looking for anything out of the ordinary. So getting them comfortable to being touched in various spots is very helpful.

He hasn't been back since he made this announcement so I have a bad feeling about the dog's health in the future...
I hate when people do that. Ask advice then ghost. In see it happen also on non zoo animal sites like breed specific forums. In drop a ton of advice to a question and not even a thank you. Its like go talk to AI without feelings if that's what you do.

I hate when people do that. Ask advice then ghost. In see it happen also on non zoo animal sites like breed specific forums. In drop a ton of advice to a question and not even a thank you. Its like go talk to AI without feelings if that's what you do.
It’s still good. Even if the person who started the thread ghosts, I am sure others will read and hopefully get soemthjng out of it.

I stress playtime is the most important thing with a new puppy, play a lot, physical play, a little fun roughhousing, tug with a rope, games that require touch and interaction. Let him snuggle and sleep close when he naps.

Creating an intial bond will lead to their things at his own pace. As he gets older he will start to exhibit sexual behaviors and you can start to incorporate that into the playtime. Things will progress naturally

Whether he was real or no is questionable but the advice given by Aries Angyl and others is solid...Let's hope our missing knucklehead was pulling our collective leg and the Dog in question didn't exist. Wouldnt be the first one.

Back