• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

My boy nicked a tooth during oral. Is he alright?

We were having oral, one of our regular activities. and normally im pretty dexterous, but he was getting real wild, and the bottom of his cock nicked my tooth. he didnt seem bothered and even after we were done, he still is normal(not in any noticeable pain).

There was a drop or two of blood coming out, near the knot, right around where he nicked it(damn bottom tooth :/). Is he okay? this has never happened.

do i need to like, come up with a story and take him to the vet? anything i can do aside from just relaxing him for a few days and not doing anything with him.
as of this post, its been about 15 minutes since, and he seems alright, hes sleeping rn, as usual.

Im not sure, i would appreciate yall's insight. Thanks!

We were having oral, one of our regular activities. and normally im pretty dexterous, but he was getting real wild, and the bottom of his cock nicked my tooth. he didnt seem bothered and even after we were done, he still is normal(not in any noticeable pain).

There was a drop or two of blood coming out, near the knot, right around where he nicked it(damn bottom tooth :/). Is he okay? this has never happened.

do i need to like, come up with a story and take him to the vet? anything i can do aside from just relaxing him for a few days and not doing anything with him.
as of this post, its been about 15 minutes since, and he seems alright, hes sleeping rn, as usual.

I would honestly worry about it if it gets infected, leave him alone for a few days and see how everything goes.

yea, i inspected it, hard to tell with the coloration and texture of doggy cocks but it seems like it was a small cut, a scrape even.
there is alot of blood in that body part so a few drops from a small cut would happen, id guess.

ill keep an eye on everything the next few days...

I would honestly worry about it if it gets infected, leave him alone for a few days and see how everything goes.
he is a very healthy, and clean boy. he lives inside, if that helps. but i know alot of bacteria spread with dogs is through them licking. ill keep him from licking too much. Hopefully the sheath does its job ;-;

Thanks you guys.

You can always have a preventive claning one or twice a day with a *very* mild desinfectant ( I was thinking herb infusion, like thime)

Lets see if Deagle invoke works. He is a vet so he can give sounder advise.

[edit]: linked thread here
[/Edit]

I would not worry much. This sort of small wounds happen even during natural mating and heal themselves in no time

okay, thats a relief. i kinda figured that it can happen naturally. i just wanted to be safe. if the vet replies thatd be cool. but im sure it will all be fine.

Unless there turns out to be an infection, he should be fine. Good health overall in general results in a good, strong immune system that should do what immune systems do and heal fine with zero issues.

As others have said, give him some time out and let him just be a dog for a little while.

And I STRONGLY advise not trying to "help" with neosporin or anything of that nature as you're probably more likely to do more harm than good, good intentions are great, but not always helpful. Dog saliva contains enzymes that kill some types of bacteria that would drop you dead in a week, lol

Let nature do the heavy lifting here and sit back and be a "normal" pet owner for a week or 2.

The invoke worked! Thanks for the tag @Goattobeloved.

Just a small nick should be fine, and by the time I've answered this he should be healing up well. The sheath itself does a pretty decent job lubricating and expelling stuff from inside it, given that it communicates with the outside, there are multiple layers of defense there for ya.

Veterinarian here.

Don't stress about it. The penile mucosa(surface of your dog's extruded penis) heals up perfectly by itself in no time. Penile mucosa (like the inside of your mouth) has heaps of healthy blood supply and the tissue is in constant turnover so if an injury/cut occurs, it will almost always heal without problems.
Even in contaminated environments like the inside of the prepuce(sheath), your boy's nicked penis will still recover fine. I have managed wounds and injuries on penises far worse than a small cuts and they still ultimately recover amazingly well!

Back