Moisture in storage.

I want to avoid moisture buildup by using something like silica gel packets in my storages. Anyone else do this and have a good recommendation for me?

If you need to store them in a storage box with a lid, you could drill holes in the top and bottom to allow air to flow, just remember to store them in a warm place. I just keep mine in a open top box high up out of reach.

If you need to store them in a storage box with a lid, you could drill holes in the top and bottom to allow air to flow, just remember to store them in a warm place. I just keep mine in a open top box high up out of reach.
Problem is our house as a heat and humidity problem anyways due to where we live and the fact that there's no AC. Even if I could do it, drilling holes in my boxes won't help and might even make it worse

Problem is our house as a heat and humidity problem anyways due to where we live and the fact that there's no AC. Even if I could do it, drilling holes in my boxes won't help and might even make it worse
Ah I see, it's humid here too but maybe not as much as there. I'm no scientist 😅 but I think as long as the moisture can evaporate and renew you should be okay. Toys tend to smell bad if it's the same water trapped and it goes stagnant, making your toys smell like damp. Silica gel is a safer bet, I buy giant bags of it to dry out my cameras in wet weather and they work a treat. You could maybe put tiny holes in the top to let any excess moisture out, like after you've washed them.

I think the packets are a good idea, personally I also recommend something to maximize airflow around the toys, like a dish rack or something like that

Back