Miss you baby girl!

charlie842

Tourist
Found you on kiiji. You were 2. You were to be the third pack member and the first female I've ever owned. Drove through a snowstorm to get you. You were wonderfully loving at first sight. Got home in the dead of night thinking it would be a longer sleepless night because you'd be bouncing off the walls. Brought you home, you briefly met the others. I wondered if you ever slept in a bed before. You did and immediately you burrowed yourself under the covers and immediately fell asleep. That was your claim to fame, cause you just loved falling asleep upon contact and staying put the entire night. Other members of the pack loved your this too and they all enjoyed cuddling with you and you let them.

You did have some problems. Your previous owners left you with a dog that ate all your food and left none for you. You learned to survive by ransacking the kitchen and taking what you could. It was a bit of surprise when you emptied my fridge for the first time. Aside from your food issues, you had no personality flaws and hardly ever misbehaved.

We could never quite consummate our love as you were spayed. But you still had a sex drive. People saw the scratch marks you put on my neck and face. I feared your nails more than that of randy male dog. You kept it until the very end.

You had your health issues. Your kidneys may have never work quite right and you got frequent UTIs. Blamed myself for it. Treated you like you were made of glass and would only play with you on special occasions out fear that our love was hurting you somehow despite my very best efforts at keeping my hands sterile. Me washing my hands was a signal you picked very well.

Your jet black muzzle became more and more gray. Which broke my heart as I knew your time on this earth was drawing shorter and shorter. The kidney failure that took your life, I could see coming for years prior as you slowly drank more and more. The color you left on the snow becoming fainter every year. Being spayed, your bladder also grew weaker by the year. Never could exile you from my bed. I took you outside as often as it took and tried my best to keep you clean and dignified.

Towards the end. All I could do is cry as I knew the changes that were going in your body as your kidneys shut completely down. Your heart couldn't take the strain anymore and you gone into congestive heart failure. Knew you were dying. This was going to be our last Christmas vacation together and we could spend your last week on this earth with you at my side 24/7. As soon as the vets office after the holiday we had to say our last goodbyes.

It's been months since you passed. I knew you were special, and one in a million girl that is irreplaceable. I could find another one of your breed, but I know it won't be you. Little did I knew how hard it would be to find another dog anything like you. Your absence is void I can't fill.

Your kindness, gentleness affected not only my life, but the other 4 dogs you influenced through your gentle demeanor and unlimited supply of cuddles. You were the great matriarch of my dog pack. Now you are gone your essence lives on in the two remaining dogs you influenced. But their time is coming too eventually and I can see the grey appearing in their muzzles as well and once they are gone, your magic is gone as the last of your legacy is extinguished.

Struggling to find a way to live without you now. Miss you baby!

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, I'm still trying to figure out how to live without my boy and its nearly coming up on a whole year without him.

Take care friend, I hope one day you both find each other again.

My girl is experiencing the same issues as I read your post I am deeply saddened by the fact I will lose her sooner that later my deepest condolences for you my friend. This brings many of tears to my eyes.
I'm so sorry, give here all the bestest love you can and make sure she knows she is the most loved till the very end. Stay strong.

Found you on kiiji. You were 2. You were to be the third pack member and the first female I've ever owned. Drove through a snowstorm to get you. You were wonderfully loving at first sight. Got home in the dead of night thinking it would be a longer sleepless night because you'd be bouncing off the walls. Brought you home, you briefly met the others. I wondered if you ever slept in a bed before. You did and immediately you burrowed yourself under the covers and immediately fell asleep. That was your claim to fame, cause you just loved falling asleep upon contact and staying put the entire night. Other members of the pack loved your this too and they all enjoyed cuddling with you and you let them.

You did have some problems. Your previous owners left you with a dog that ate all your food and left none for you. You learned to survive by ransacking the kitchen and taking what you could. It was a bit of surprise when you emptied my fridge for the first time. Aside from your food issues, you had no personality flaws and hardly ever misbehaved.

We could never quite consummate our love as you were spayed. But you still had a sex drive. People saw the scratch marks you put on my neck and face. I feared your nails more than that of randy male dog. You kept it until the very end.

You had your health issues. Your kidneys may have never work quite right and you got frequent UTIs. Blamed myself for it. Treated you like you were made of glass and would only play with you on special occasions out fear that our love was hurting you somehow despite my very best efforts at keeping my hands sterile. Me washing my hands was a signal you picked very well.

Your jet black muzzle became more and more gray. Which broke my heart as I knew your time on this earth was drawing shorter and shorter. The kidney failure that took your life, I could see coming for years prior as you slowly drank more and more. The color you left on the snow becoming fainter every year. Being spayed, your bladder also grew weaker by the year. Never could exile you from my bed. I took you outside as often as it took and tried my best to keep you clean and dignified.

Towards the end. All I could do is cry as I knew the changes that were going in your body as your kidneys shut completely down. Your heart couldn't take the strain anymore and you gone into congestive heart failure. Knew you were dying. This was going to be our last Christmas vacation together and we could spend your last week on this earth with you at my side 24/7. As soon as the vets office after the holiday we had to say our last goodbyes.

It's been months since you passed. I knew you were special, and one in a million girl that is irreplaceable. I could find another one of your breed, but I know it won't be you. Little did I knew how hard it would be to find another dog anything like you. Your absence is void I can't fill.

Your kindness, gentleness affected not only my life, but the other 4 dogs you influenced through your gentle demeanor and unlimited supply of cuddles. You were the great matriarch of my dog pack. Now you are gone your essence lives on in the two remaining dogs you influenced. But their time is coming too eventually and I can see the grey appearing in their muzzles as well and once they are gone, your magic is gone as the last of your legacy is extinguished.

Struggling to find a way to live without you now. Miss you baby!
I am sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds like you two enjoyed a very loving and passionate relationship. I wish you nothing but the best. Some wounds don't ever fully heal. What you had was beautiful and no doubt she's looking down at you and waiting patiently for your return. Dogs are special man, when they leave they take a piece of us with them.

I feel your loss @charlie842
I lost my last girl 12/21/2022. She was the best dog I ever had. I cried all day that day. Trust me, your girl is looking down on you right now. And if you listen, you may be able to feel her speak to your heart now and then.

You have my condolences... 🐕

I lost my cat to this very same issue, I'm so sorry you had to go through it too. At the very least your girl had a wonderful time with you while she was here.

Back