Jobs that can sustain you while in vanlife

No van, but a remote cabin, some similarities; I worked my IT job. I had just enough solar power to run my laptop, charge a phone, and power about 16w of LEDs for a few hours a day. Internet access was provided by a cell phone hiosted up in a tree to get signal.

No van, but a remote cabin, some similarities; I worked my IT job. I had just enough solar power to run my laptop, charge a phone, and power about 16w of LEDs for a few hours a day. Internet access was provided by a cell phone hiosted up in a tree to get signal.
Well that's fascinating. Sounds like a good time tho.

what type of IT job

entry level or sys admin stuff

what type of IT job

entry level or sys admin stuff

Both are options, are plenty of call centers that don't care where you're at, so long as you're answering calls and fixing stuff. Recent years have gotten companies to undertand what tech people have known for a long time....if you have a reliable internet connection you can be anywhere and still do your job.

I'm currently living in a van, I do a variety of online work (virtual assistant, photo editing/manipulation, etc) Although my current means are being a drone operator for a number of farms, providing mapping and crop management services. In the past, Ive done call centre work, but a reliable internet service is critical to it.
My current setup is a 2005 mercedes sprinter, 600w of solar on the roof with an extra 200w able to be layed out after a period of bad weather, along with a dc-dc charger. I have 500 amps of lithium batteries and a 2000w inverter to power my desktop pc and charge all the various drone batteries.

Back