• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

It's whats for dinner(for your dog)

Today I celebrated a very good profit for me but since no one cared and was actually told to fuck off by one of my "friends", I bought 2kg of colita de cuadril (dunno the english name for the beef cut), cooked half of one for me and gave the rest to my girls ^.^

Today I celebrated a very good profit for me but since no one cared and was actually told to fuck off by one of my "friends", I bought 2kg of colita de cuadril (dunno the english name for the beef cut), cooked half of one for me and gave the rest to my girls ^.^
That’s fucked up. Who need friends like that?

Google Translate says it means "quad tails", but since there's no such cut (at least that I've ever heard of) in english... <shrug>

Closest I know of, meaning-wise, would be "tri-tip", which has apparently gotten REAL popular here in the pacific northwest in the last few years, but I never have managed to figure out precisely what it is. Prior to moving to this area, I'd never even heard the term, never mind knowingly having it on my plate. I strongly suspect it used to be something that was considered a "junk cut" that normally got tossed into the "run it through the grinder and sell it as ground beef" bucket, but for whatever reason, it got some advertising, and now it's becoming (or has become, if you like) one of the "trendy" cuts. (complete with the associated increase in price at the butcher counter - When I first heard anything about it, around 10-15 years ago, it was a cheap "backyard barbeque" cut, but these days, it pulls down nearly the same price as a good chunk of top-round steak.

The image you posted looks *ALMOST* like a chunk of brisket to me, but with the angle of the shot being what it is, it's REALLY hard for me to tell.

Edit to add...

Since you got me to thinking about it, I actually went looking to try to find out just what "tri-tip" is. After clicking through here, searching there, following some links to other places, and generally floundering around, I learned that it's the bottom-most tip end of the "bottom sirloin" roast. Taken as a chunk, it's a roast. Taken in slices, it's steak.

Further clicking around landed me on a wikipedia page listing the names of various cuts around the world. Lo and behold, "colita de cuadril" is the Argentinian term for... wait for it... What us Americans call "tri-tip"!

Also noted that until recent years, when it somehow got adopted as "California's cut", tri-tip usually got tossed into the grinder because it's a (comparatively) tiny piece of meat, and there are exactly two of them per carcass, so most butchers wouldn't bother wasting the display-case space for something that they only got two of per cow.

Last edited:
I feed libel to my boys Earthborn Coastal Catch. Never any allergies and beautiful coats. For treats I give them half a career, sometimes a bit of pop corn. Never give chocolates to a k9.

So many unbalanced and toxic diets here. Gross. Even if its just once a week or once a month, that is too much and it only takes one meal to kill your pet. Onions are toxic, even if it's powdered for flavor. Not to mention the amount of pets that are probably overweight.

Google Translate says it means "quad tails", but since there's no such cut (at least that I've ever heard of) in english... <shrug>

Closest I know of, meaning-wise, would be "tri-tip", which has apparently gotten REAL popular here in the pacific northwest in the last few years, but I never have managed to figure out precisely what it is. Prior to moving to this area, I'd never even heard the term, never mind knowingly having it on my plate. I strongly suspect it used to be something that was considered a "junk cut" that normally got tossed into the "run it through the grinder and sell it as ground beef" bucket, but for whatever reason, it got some advertising, and now it's becoming (or has become, if you like) one of the "trendy" cuts. (complete with the associated increase in price at the butcher counter - When I first heard anything about it, around 10-15 years ago, it was a cheap "backyard barbeque" cut, but these days, it pulls down nearly the same price as a good chunk of top-round steak.

The image you posted looks *ALMOST* like a chunk of brisket to me, but with the angle of the shot being what it is, it's REALLY hard for me to tell.

Edit to add...

Since you got me to thinking about it, I actually went looking to try to find out just what "tri-tip" is. After clicking through here, searching there, following some links to other places, and generally floundering around, I learned that it's the bottom-most tip end of the "bottom sirloin" roast. Taken as a chunk, it's a roast. Taken in slices, it's steak.

Further clicking around landed me on a wikipedia page listing the names of various cuts around the world. Lo and behold, "colita de cuadril" is the Argentinian term for... wait for it... What us Americans call "tri-tip"!

Also noted that until recent years, when it somehow got adopted as "California's cut", tri-tip usually got tossed into the grinder because it's a (comparatively) tiny piece of meat, and there are exactly two of them per carcass, so most butchers wouldn't bother wasting the display-case space for something that they only got two of per cow.
depending on how big the cut is, it could be a shoulder or a thigh. the translation quad tails and the shape leads me to believe its part of the legs

depending on how big the cut is, it could be a shoulder or a thigh. the translation quad tails and the shape leads me to believe its part of the legs
Apparently you missed the part where I noted that I'd found out it's the bottom-most end of a "Bottom Sirloin" roast? It's not from any of the legs. Just above what would end up being a flank steak, behind the last rib, but slightly forward of what would be a rump roast

Back