• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

I feel lost

elus997

Lurker
feeling alone sucks. I’ve never really felt like I fit in. On the outside I’m real “normal” I guess you could say lol. I definitely live a double life..I have friends and acquaintances and all that but nobody knows the real me. I’m trying to find a way to actually talk to real people like myself. Does anyone think they can point me in the right direction? I feel like I need to start fresh. I don’t like all these people around me. They are almost weird to me lol. I’ve been on here a short time but y’all seem like a real friendly bunch. I hope I can get to know some of you!

Can you be more specific on why no one knows the real you? Is it because of your zoo interests that you hide or is it something else. I think you post is off to great start, but if you want answers from the community I think you should open up a bit more specifics. My personal experience is that community is very welcoming and open, but if we are more “real” is really a question of personal opinion.

Can you be more specific on why no one knows the real you? Is it because of your zoo interests that you hide or is it something else. I think you post is off to great start, but if you want answers from the community I think you should open up a bit more specifics. My personal experience is that community is very welcoming and open, but if we are more “real” is really a question of personal opinion.

I hide my zoo interests but I wish I didn’t have to. I’m not really looking for answers but more, how did people in the community make friends with zoo interests? I’m very new to this stuff. I’ve always been into zoo and now I have an urge to discuss it with people OwO

feeling alone sucks. I’ve never really felt like I fit in. On the outside I’m real “normal” I guess you could say lol. I definitely live a double life..I have friends and acquaintances and all that but nobody knows the real me. I’m trying to find a way to actually talk to real people like myself. Does anyone think they can point me in the right direction? I feel like I need to start fresh. I don’t like all these people around me. They are almost weird to me lol. I’ve been on here a short time but y’all seem like a real friendly bunch. I hope I can get to know some of you!
I always felt the same in a certain way. I really enjoy the company of my best non zoo friends but I also feel that I don't really belong to that world.
If you have a really close friend (even better if he's into furry stuff) you could try to reveal that part of you that you try to hide from the rest of the world. I did it once, and it went well, and now I feel a lot less pressure knowing that I have a non zoo friend that knows the real me.

I always felt the same in a certain way. I really enjoy the company of my best non zoo friends but I also feel that I don't really belong to that world.
If you have a really close friend (even better if he's into furry stuff) you could try to reveal that part of you that you try to hide from the rest of the world. I did it once, and it went well, and now I feel a lot less pressure knowing that I have a non zoo friend that knows the real me.

Thanks for this. I do have a best friend but I feel like I’m just too scared. But hey, maybe it’ll come out one day and it’ll go well!

I wish you luck :)
And... in regard to your question on how to get zoo friends, my answer is... starting to be more social on the forum is a good start. By describing your interests and by joining different conversations or groups, people get to know a little more about you and may get interested into knowing you more deeply.
Obviously, my advice is to be always careful, because there are lots of zoos in here, but there is also a chance that less nicer people could try to fool you.
To avoid this, be sure to get to know well who are you talking to before daring to share more details about you.
Greetings

Thanks for this. I do have a best friend but I feel like I’m just too scared. But hey, maybe it’ll come out one day and it’ll go well!
Keep your head up and make some friends here first. Get to know the life style and what peeked your interest. Develop your moral code to zoo. Dos and don’t. It makes it easier to come out to people knowing you have rules to such things to keep you and pawed lovers safe. However, it’s playing cards when telling people about your interest. You have to know the person almost more then they know themselves. Your flipping a coin. And you need a plan B if it gos south.

I hide my zoo interests but I wish I didn’t have to. I’m not really looking for answers but more, how did people in the community make friends with zoo interests? I’m very new to this stuff. I’ve always been into zoo and now I have an urge to discuss it with people OwO

None of my closest friends are Zoo and that has never bothered me, but I can see how that could be a huge weight for some people hiding the real you. I’m glad you are out talking about it. I agree with what others have said. This is the first step, keep it going.

Personally I don't find it hard "keeping the secret" - I mean, I do wish I could tell the world and be open about it with everyone but the possible downsides are too great.
The way I try to look at it is that this is something truly special that I only share with a very small selection of people, and that makes this lifestyle (and website) all the better for it. :)

personally, i keep it under wraps, no one needs to know anyway. you can make friends on here in the community. and maybe one day youll bump into someone in person that also has a similar interest. keep your chin up and just keep talking to people where ever you feel most comfortable.

Back